• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H2duece

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember, when you build it, you have to put a lot of military-type accessories to look right, like blackout lights, turn signals, heavy duty brackets everywhere, etc. Also, gotta remove any reference to "Mitsubushi" or "FUSO". Noone wants to see those words on a military looking vehicle. :)

H2duece

LOL I fixed Maddawg LOLif only it was that easy LOL!!!!:beer:

Now the question will be use the Deuce frame or the Fuso frame???
going to have to an ADVantage and DIS-Advantage graph for both,

I thunk it will be easier to drop the 5.9 cummins in the Fuso and add the axles and the transfer-case??? have some disiffering to do for sure??????

Attachments

Last edited:

Kohburn

well back at it again and have finally found a 4dr Crew cab cheap enough and in good condition to get this project started back up, and a Bus with 12v 5.9 cummins and Allison automatic. The Mitsubishi Fuso crew cab will look good!!!. So i have discarded the H2 concept for this. :beer:
I did some measurements and kind of did a rough black of what it will look like.
I had my eye on that same listing - its not easy finding those 4door cabs.

Kohburn

LOL I fixed Maddawg LOLif only it was that easy LOL!!!!:beer:

Now the question will be use the Deuce frame or the Fuso frame???
going to have to an ADVantage and DIS-Advantage graph for both,

I thunk it will be easier to drop the 5.9 cummins in the Fuso and add the axles and the transfer-case??? have some disiffering to do for sure??????
from what i have seen the deuce frame has less flex than the fuso/hino/etc frame

also to clear the taller engine you will need to raise up the cab. the easiest way to do this will be to cut the frame to the length of the cab and bolt it into the top of the deuce frame (consider it a cab-subframe)

i've done a lot of thought on this specific conversion - so even if i didn't get the cab i'm excited to see it happen to another deuce.

crew cab FMTV is my goal.

are you going to 2 axles like the LMTV?

Last edited:

H2duece

Roger that!!! It will be a 4X4 and a min of a 9ft bed( hopefully i can still put the spare behind the cab and not be to long)!! I though of keeping 6X6 but i have another project for the rear axle and I do not haul anything which will require the set up of the 6X6. If a load is to heavy I just call my friend and he can do it will his 5ton.

Yea i was thinking the same thing about the flexy-ness of the Fuso:ditto:. I believe it is actually rated to be a 3.5ton??? Yea have been think of the ultimate way of doing the swap lots of options. I can use the Bus, Fuso or Deuce frame....I will have to measure the frame widths to see what where and how

The engine will be put more centric (front to back) in the frame. probably start it after the rear of the cab. Try to get the drive shafts more or less equal links.... I will start out running leaf springs and eventually will be 4 linking the axles and running airbags.

Anyway I can go on and on about this I am real excited to finally start this project instead of collecting a bunch of parts lol!!!

:grd:

Flat Black

I cannot speak about the strength of the deuce frame, but I do have body builders and upfitters guides for many of the Fuso trucks. They do not have a standard 34" frame rail until you get to the larger trucks like FM and new FK series. They are pretty beefy for a small truck in the FE/FG series.

This type of build has been discussed many times on the expedition portal forum in the Mitsubishi Heavy Truck section and there is tons of info there on the different models of Fuso, is it better to keep the FE and add 4WD or to take the crew cab and swap it onto something else, etc.

keep us posted, definitely interested in this build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks