• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hacking the fenders to make 39 inch Swampers fit

84cucv1ton

Truck doesn't see any off-road.all stock suspension. He is want more speed out of it thats all. So if somebody has really hacked up fenders to make big tires fit please post up some pictures thanks

Josh

Im guessing your talking about making m1008/m1028. Would probably be cheaper and easier to swap out the diffs for a 3.73 gear. Im sure there are people who would trade him straight across for the 4.56s.

Holy crap! Fitting 39" tires on a stock 1008 will take a lot more than just trimming fenders. They will rub on d*mn near everything without a lift. Otherwise the only way I can see them fitting is maybe a front zero-rate/leveling kit, a whooolllle lot of trimming, wheels with a lot of custom backspacing, and some pretty large wheel spacers.

It might look like this.rofl

Attachments

Dock Rocker

I put the hum V tires on mine and had to do a 4 inch lift. I also had to cut the fenders. It was really easy to do. It tool a couple of hours with a cut off wheel and a body hammer and dolly.