• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Had a rattling door hold open bar on side door of 803a the fix was easy.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had the set running this morning and could hear a rattle coming from the side door. Opening the door stopped it.

It was the aluminum door hold open bar vibrating. The fix was a 3/8 ID plastic shoulder washer with a small opening nipped out of the side of it so it would snap in place and stay. It was just thick enough to take up the slack but not to impede the operation of the bar but stop the rattle. Did both sides.

It was placed in the generator end of the bar.

Worked great, no more rattle.

Bmxenbrett

The D rings can make noise too. I remove all the chains that hold the oil cap and rad cap. Idk how i will ever find them once i do a oil change and check the coolant.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The D rings can make noise too. I remove all the chains that hold the oil cap and rad cap. Idk how i will ever find them once i do a oil change and check the coolant.
So far the D rings are quiet but they'll get the "rubber hose" treatment if they act up![thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks