• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

had anyone built a hmmwv/hummer?

gunchief113

Building one from the ground-up is fun, but gonna cost you unless you are "in the loop" on parts. If you are serious, there are several people here who have built them from scratch, and it really isnt hard to do it if you stay stock. My high school auto shop students have already done one from scratch, and will do two more this year-much cooler than working on ford, chevy and dodge. Both this forum and G503.com have members that can help with parts and advice. Where are you located? The community is fairly small, but there is always someone within a few hours drive. We are pretty spread out. If you decide to go ahead, keep us all up-to-date on the progress, pictures are always great. By the way, some online stores have everything, but you will pay through the nose for parts. Try the forums before you buy from the big boys. Good luck!
-Brian 901-356-1234 Call anytime for help.

jdknech

Building one from the ground-up is fun, but gonna cost you unless you are "in the loop" on parts. If you are serious, there are several people here who have built them from scratch, and it really isnt hard to do it if you stay stock. My high school auto shop students have already done one from scratch, and will do two more this year-much cooler than working on ford, chevy and dodge. Both this forum and G503.com have members that can help with parts and advice. Where are you located? The community is fairly small, but there is always someone within a few hours drive. We are pretty spread out. If you decide to go ahead, keep us all up-to-date on the progress, pictures are always great. By the way, some online stores have everything, but you will pay through the nose for parts. Try the forums before you buy from the big boys. Good luck!
-Brian 901-356-1234 Call anytime for help.
thanks for the support! [thumbzup] i have decided that the project is a go:grin::grin: i am now just looking for a doner truck( i want to use a cucv frame) and the large parts, this will be a budget build that i hope to have done in 1-2 years....

btw. i'm in the louisville KY area...

eisenhe

If you lived in WI, I'd recommend buying an H1 and modding it, as the DMV is outright blocking all MV registrations.

Since you're in Indiana, you can probably build whatever you want! Have fun!

LeutDan

If you wanted to build one exactly like they come from AM General I would talk to Blair Outlan at UsedH1.com he builds them from scratch for weapons testing.

Every part he gets from AM general but he has more than 100k in each build. He has a couple on his website if you wanna check them out. Prob better quality than from AM General.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks