• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CA Hagerty Alternatives?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like Hagarty has been sold or merged with a bigger company and is going to be a publicly traded stock.

John Mc

When I first got my M37 in 2019, I looked at Hagerty. Their rates were very reasonable: something like $200 or $250/year (including collision and comprehensive for a truck that would be driven regularly here in VT. (I have a standard registration, since I did not want to be subject to the Historical registration limits.) The low price might have been due to the fact that I paid $7000 for the truck. The only problem was that they did not want anyone under 21 driving it. Since my son is really into antique/classic vehicles but was 17 at the time, I passed on Hagerty.

I ended up insuring it through my regular auto insurer, Co-operative Insurance Companies. It currently runs $201/year for liability coverage only. (They will not do collision or comprehensive on an antique vehicle.) So I'm legal to drive it, but not covered for repairs or replacement if it's damaged or stolen.

I'm not sure what I'll do once my son turns 21. It would be great to go with Hagerty and get full coverage, but my truck is almost a daily driver - I drive it 2 or 3 times per week in the spring, summer, and fall running errands or getting firewood out of the woods. Hagerty does not insure daily drivers.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like Hagarty has been sold or merged with a bigger company and is going to be a publicly traded stock.

Hagarty went public on the New York Stock Exchange today .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks