• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hale P-250 Pump

DoubleE

Looking for info on operating P-250 pumps. I can't find much for manuals. Do they need an additional hose for cooling or do they pick up cooling water from what they're pumping. any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Jeepsinker

Hale pumps cool from what they pump, but if the pump is running and you aren't letting the water flow ( like if you had the nozzle shut off) then you need to either let some pressure bypass or run that second hose and pull the valve open to get some small amount of flow through the pump body. On our fire trucks we just crack the tank to pump valve so it circulates water between the two continuously.

Wdr

Hello all, This will be my first post. Anyway I have one of these pumps myself and I wanted to add a bit to what jeepsinker said. You do need to allow flow out for cooling, but be aware that you also need to keep some back pressure on the discharge. The fire pump also supplies the cooling water for the engine, and with no back pressure not enough water will flow through the engine cooling passages. The data tags on mine say to operate at 80 psi minimum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks