• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Half way there.

greenjeepster

So this weeks marks the half way point for the 4000 hmmwvs approved for sale on the Govplanet contract. I haven't heard of any others getting released as of yet, hopefully some more will come out of service and into public hands. They are selling them faster than I was anticipating, if they keep up at the current rate we have less than 10 months on the current supply.

By the way these things are awesome... I already had to have a wrecker retrieve mine form a swamp, (turns out they can get stuck) and it can haul a heck of a load of firewood through the woods..

springbok

What I found was that in the thicker mud, at a certain point they will switch from being a HUMVEE and into a sled thanks to the large flat areas underneath.
The great part of the 1038 is being able to self recover.
Glad that you had fun.

jpg

The issue was I didn't have anything to winch off of anyway, nothing solid within 200 yards.
Danforth anchors are light weight, fold flat for storage, and hold well in mud. The harder you pull, the deeper they bury. Tie a rope to the crown so you can pull it out of deep mud more easily when you're finished. Much easier than burying your spare.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
In mud you have to drop tire pressure down to like 10psi. They can still get stuck though. Thats why you buy two so you have another to pull yourself out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks