• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack 1943 Autocar

martinwcox

I recently acquired this, 1943 Autocar, all original including the armor. Started life as a M15A1, then converted by U.S. Army to Quad mount, (w/o fold down side armor) now is a M-3

halftrack1.jpghalftrack2.jpg

61sleepercab

Local friend rebuilt a White half track from a log hauler to full armor plate and 50 cal dummy gun. He had a group of WWII veterans as passengers for out local county parade . I do not know who was grinning the most the owner or the Vets. You have a nice unit have fun, Mark

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well, that took about two seconds. Saw thread, opened thread, saw picture, that caused something to get stiff, then the wet gooey feeling and now it's soft but I'm still excited all within about 2 second. I wish I could have a half track, I think that would get me some interesting looks heading to work.

datadawg

Nice! I am hunting for an M16, it's not easy to find nice machines. How does she drive? Everything I read, you have to stay below 40 mph... How fast have you gone and does it feel safe and secure going down the road at 30-35 mph?
Did it have the Maxson turret (quad mount)? You mention it in your post, but doesn't look like it's in the photos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks