• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack first outing

midcounty

Very nice! I to would love to have a half track. It would look great on the trailer behind the M818, but I don't have the funds for one yet. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

M215

projects

Looks good, what's the next project???
I figure there is still about 2 years of work yet to be completed on the halftrack, is something like this really ever done? Currently I have the GMC M221 truck / tractor and two M151s waiting next for attention.

Transporting the halftrack to and from the show drew tons of looks. The question I received most often during the show was "why did I put rubber tracks on it, didn't I know these originally had metal tracks?" If I had a dollar for each time I heard that I could afford to buy the pulpit armor.

The only disappointment I had from the show was not having an old WW2 vet come up and say, "I use to drive these during the war". Guess we are losing the WW2 guys too quickly now. The biggest enjoyment I have received from displaying MVs is listening to the vets stories.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks