• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halogen to LED switch

vitamink

I'm looking to switch from halogen tail lights to LED. I've heard there are a few things you need to swap out to do so. I have the tail lights, i just need to know what else i need to make it work. Any help is appreciated :)

vitamink

So there isn't an alternate flasher relay or something i need to buy? In regular cars if you switch from halogen to led's the lower amp draw convinces the car that the bulbs are burnt out causing it to flash rapidly (to let you know a bulb is out). I was let to believe that they wouldn't flash at all on a hmmwv. I don't have this particular hmmwv in my possession as of yet, i'm just amassing parts for upgrades and parts that tend to fail. Just want to be ready.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks