• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halp with Tm's Need Power Balance Procedure

Coal Cracker

I've been searching the tm's, and some of the files do not seem to come up, even after waiting, and updating acrobat.

My truck is reallly turned down, I started out only getting 750 deg. pre turbo, at full throttle, Tank is clean, filters are new, fuel is new, I 've covered all the bases with Pm'ing tires, etc. I can turn up main fuel, and add power, which I'm aware of, and have done, now I'm at 950 Deg, but up to 2,00 rpm she struggles, really struggles to make 45 mph.

I'm looking to tweak droop, and I want to do some bathroom reading before I turn anything up more, other wise she runs great, starts great, but i figure she was really cranked down, or the IP is on the way out, after all It is an LDT, but the other LDT's I've been exposed to could spank me hard.

I'd appreciate any info

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You cuold have a failure, that's why the power fell off.
Did you switch fuels when you noticed this issue?

Coal Cracker

Coal Cracker

After getting her home in October, I pm'ed like a mad man, the truck was in a Pa. Guard facility, and kept in running condition till GL sold it. It looked like it was well taken care of, and all fluids we're clean, but I changed all filters, and checked tank, and pulled pump out, and it was clean as a whistle, checked pump pressure after filter head , and pump was giving spec. psi.

Even after filter changes, and new diesel (no waste or wvo) it was a real dog, on a 1% grade in fourth it would dive to 25mph. from 40. Before I played with fuel I installed a pyro, and a boost guage, and at that time the most i could get the pyro to was 750, on a hard pull , even for an LDT it was a dog of a deuce :cry: all of the other deuces I had been exposed to, even with LDT's could pull their own weight, my girl couldn't.

Fast forward ,after reading the tm's and finding some very good info, I had origionally turned my pump up two flats, light change, went up two more and so on, I am now up 15 or so flats, and she can at least hold her own, my temp on a hard pull in 5th is 1,050 and manifold pressure is at 10 psi, it seems to me that when these pumps when rebuilt there wasn't much consistency on settings, I say that lightly, because there are soo many variables that could take place, I.E. the pump rebuilder may not have had a good day, his boss was forcing time constraints on him, the flow bench wasn't calibrated , the unit that got it didn't mess with settings Etc Etc.

I have to say that bottom line, in my opinion if you're gonna mess with fuel, YOU NEED A PYRO! and a boost guage to know what's goin on, you can go by some recommendations ansd go only 4 flats or same that say 15 flats, watch smoke, and still not know where you're are at. Thanks for the info !

sandcobra164

Quick question, Did you find much trouble turning the nut? I've gone about 4 flats on mine but it's so hard to turn, I'm scared to mess with it. Maybe mine's just got corrosion on it and I may need to spray some lube but it's binding pretty tight to say the least.

Coal Cracker

Quick question, Did you find much trouble turning the nut? I've gone about 4 flats on mine but it's so hard to turn, I'm scared to mess with it. Maybe mine's just got corrosion on it and I may need to spray some lube but it's binding pretty tight to say the least.

Yes it was at first, mine was never touched ( That I Can Tell), unless someone was good at putting the plate and lead wire back on. I'd lube it and try again, some say that there is a hex end in the screw, but not on mine, I used a rubber band one the end to protect the threads, and a long nose vise grip to keep it fron turning initially. After adjusting and tinkering, now all I have to do is back the locknut off with a 1/2 in wrench and adjust the inner nut. Don't Let the shaft turn!!!!! Good Luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks