• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ham Radio and military gear

Jericho

M 38 in Maine provoked thought for me and I finally retook the expired exams for my Ham radio Tech class, did well , lots of study material available and no more MORSE , also took the general on a whim. Looking back it was long overdue (30 plus years) Cant recommend it enough, Great group of hams locally and I feel most of us could use it in addition to our vehicle capabilities, Now I can fire up the RT524 and Prc as well as the 5 new sets I bought for my trucks , have been installing radios for about a year , all up now, Just want that big residential Ham shack set up, Have the elevation ,at top of a mountain in the White Mountain National Forest , and have a 50 foot tower up already that holds my Wind power rotor . So thanks M 38 and on too better things, ( now will have to figure out all this NEW radio gear, Has more functions than a swiss army knife

Jericho

I just don't have the time TOOOOOO many projects and tooooooo many hobbies Thanks Mark, means a lot coming from you.

just me

Been licensed cor a wbile. Haven't keyed a mic in at least 10 years. I just can't sit there and listen to the same convo over and over and over.
Only keep a radio in my truck as we have a good repeater network and it would be handy in the desert in an emergency. Haven't yet had an emergency.

papakb

Picked up my ticket 25 years ago to make fixing radios legit and for the rare times we use 6 meters. Lots of great people out there interested in radio and MVs.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

m38inmaine

I have my own 2 meter repeater on a commercial site, a Motorola Quantar mixed mode, analog and P25 digital. Comes in quite handy and most hams don't have P25 so it's almost like having a private system. You really don't need the extra class license, I just did it to prove to myself I could do it.