• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hand brake warning light

rrrr

I've done some instrument panel mods. I installed a hand brake warning light. I have all the parts but am unsure how to put the switch on the handle assembly. I've looked through the TM's with no luck. Anyone have a picture of how it goes in and/or the TM reference ?

I don't want to mount it wrong and "brake" it :)

Pictures to follow shortly.

Do you have the ratchet brake or over center type? Over center I'd say just make a bracket right behinde it close to the base of the handle and set it so when the lever is in position it presses the switch. Ratchet im not too sure about

Jimma

Mine came from the government with the warning light and the little trigger switch on the parking brake handle. If you want me to I can take a picture in the morning of how it looks and email it to you. Just let me know.

rrrr

Mine came from the government with the warning light and the little trigger switch on the parking brake handle. If you want me to I can take a picture in the morning of how it looks and email it to you. Just let me know.
I have the newer type if you could post a picture that would be great. I'll pm you my email as well.

thanks

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the USAF M35A2Cs came standard with them...seems the AF trucks had all the bells and whistles! Betcha a newer TM will show it.

Lex_Ordo

I seem to recall that the standard A2s had two guage ilumination lights and one High Beam indicator. You could have the Low Air Light kit installed and the instructions had a template to drill a hole out and place the socket in the center position. (Pic of my std guage panel)

The A2Cs had the center e/Brake light in the instrument panel.

And the A3s had the Center e/brake and the low air light factory installed. I purchased one of these and used it in my duece to give me an extra illumination light and low air, but was considering the e/brake light.
Where did you find the kit, and helpful install instructions would be awesome!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jimma

Here is a picture of what was installed on my truck and the dash indicator light. I love having this. I never forget to disengage the brake like I do on my other truck. With the brightly light red light you can't drive off with it on. Well I guess you could if you were blind or something, but you would have to be really blind.

Attachments

rrrr

thanks for the pics. My switch is different. If I can't figure out how it should mount than I'll do something like you've got.

lavarok

Here is a picture of what was installed on my truck and the dash indicator light. I love having this. I never forget to disengage the brake like I do on my other truck. With the brightly light red light you can't drive off with it on. Well I guess you could if you were blind or something, but you would have to be really blind.
I've got a GANG M35A2C with the same switch.
Maybe the GA NG guys were burning up too many e-brakes!

Troll1216

I took the easy way out. I use a large luggage tag that I tie off to the wheel when I set the hand brake. When I take the hand brake off I loopit over the lever so I remember wach time I use it... Kind of like a dummy tag.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M151 brake light switch should fit the bill. I'll try to remember to take pics of mine and post them.

AceHigh

I love the switch and light on the A3. The switch is very compact as it is built into the handle and the light is marked "Brake" I think it is a LED.

Have not found any surplus sale of these two items yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks