• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hand crank on a M101A2

12vman

my M101a2 (M116 frame)has an adjustable jack stand but it seems like it is missing the handle or crank???

there is a pin of some sort connected by a chain to the leg of the stand but i dont know what tyhat is used for??

Help

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The handle is hung on the leg for transport in the two tabs that stick out using the pin on the chain. The main part of the crank handle is flat stock, so it fits between the tabs.

czechers1999

You can make one pretty easy if you know how to weld. Several of the trailers I had had the handles missing. If you need the specs you can look online or pm me I can show you the ones I have made. Ps did you find the correct # for the shock from croft?

12vman

You can make one pretty easy if you know how to weld. Several of the trailers I had had the handles missing. If you need the specs you can look online or pm me I can show you the ones I have made. Ps did you find the correct # for the shock from croft?

any help would be appreciated.....and no I havent got into the surge brake shock yet...my little boy had a championship football game this weekend

thanks!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the tech manual?

It is full of answers and pictures.

3dAngus

I bought one of those from realsundance. Expensive, and you sure don't want to lose it, but the quality is there and it is better than the original. I'm very happy with it. Just would not pin it up outside the trailer. It needs to be in a toolbox.

12vman

Read the tech manual?

It is full of answers and pictures.

sure did......

read it to my 7 y/o son last night before he went to bed...after i got done reading it to him he looked at me w/ a tear in his eye and said to me "Daddy one day I want to be just like "doghead" when I grow up"

I looked at him as i held back my tears and said "In due time son ..in due time.We all have to work hard to get to where Mr Doghead is. Now say your prayers and go to sleep"

......It might be easier to just buy one from a helpful fellow member though

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you and your boy have some great values and goals in life. You'll go far...

Hope I can help again soon.

ps, I think I have a tear in my eye, as I type this.:-D

Last edited:

Mad Dog 20/20

Just used my new hand crank from sundance today. WOW, a "must have" piece. Very well made with tidy welds, nice olive drab paint and perfect size/fit. Very impressed.

Nonotagain

sure did......

read it to my 7 y/o son last night before he went to bed...after i got done reading it to him he looked at me w/ a tear in his eye and said to me "Daddy one day I want to be just like "doghead" when I grow up"

I looked at him as i held back my tears and said "In due time son ..in due time.We all have to work hard to get to where Mr Doghead is. Now say your prayers and go to sleep"

......It might be easier to just buy one from a helpful fellow member though
Funny sheet right there!

Plus1

Mad Dog 20/20

I bought one from sundance as well. very happy with the purchase.
Even happier to have a crank leg on my M101A2!
Yeah, the crankability of the leg is wondrous. I had my trailer maxed-out w/ firewood, and the ability to apply the brakes and crank her up off my hitch just made my day.

These trailers are truly awesome.