• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hannibal 8 @ Culver City, CA Car Show

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturday, 12MAY12 marked the 9th running of the George Barris Cruisin' Back to the '50's Car Show in Culver City, CA. This show has become hugely popular drawing more than 500 vehicles of all types and makes. The crowds seem to get bigger every year also. Held by the Culver City Exchange Club, the show benefits many community-based organizations including YMCA, Little League and Senior Center.

My truck made its third consecutive visit to the show. It was a big hit and it was the only military vehicle present. I was awarded "Best Urban Jungle Warrior" trophy (the black and grey sculpture with the wires and exhaust pipes protruding from it). A very narrow category, but ,heck, I won something! As always though, the best part of any show is the vets who come by and share their memories.

Always a good show and it gets better every year. Next year will be the 10th and I will be there. However, there was a small dark cloud over the show as George Barris had fallen ill and was not in attendance. We all wish him well and look forward to his company next year.

I have to extend a big thanks to my co-driver and brother, Tim, for standing by with me that day.

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations! The big guy in the last photo looks mighty proud of that trophy... Very well-deserved, that's an extremely clean 5-ton!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks