• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hapton Roads area Virginia, MV alternators ect

lolercaust

Today i went to a Brownings Alternators & Starter Service to have my CUCV's alternators rebuilt. Did'nt think to much at first becuse the small size of the shop but.... I walked in, alternator in each hand set them on the counter and befor i could say some thing a fella named Dave (if i remember) greted me. Took one glance and said "Ow, millitary 24 volt system, HMMWV or CUCV? 6.2 right?". Need less to say i was relieved i thought id have to explian what i needed and why. He countinued to tell me that they have done a number of alternators for MV's in the area. I droped the alternators off a lil past noon and around three they called me and said they were ready. Went and picked them up and they looked brand new, put them back in the truck and away me and the ol' battle wagon went. The folks there were great, super fast turn around and a good price as well im gonna have them do my starter next for S&G's. The moral of the story is if you dont have time to wiat for parts or cant find the parts you need, take it to these folks they are really good.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Auto Electric rebuilt a magneto on an old military pump for me once, excellent service, good price, and fast!

You're lucky he knew what they were. I have a shop near the AFB that I take all my stuff to, White's auto electric. He's been fantastic with everything. I've had to train him on what the 24v military alternators are like, but he's able to totally rebuild a deuce alt for $90 now.

Skinny

Awesome that technician knew exactly what the CUCV alternators look like. That's the kind of shop you want to do business with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks