• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard Copy Manuals

JohnnyBM931A2

Like he said, they can be found on eBay. I bought a reprinted version for a reasonable price. Funny thing was, when I finally took a look at the batteries under the passenger seat, I found an ORIGINAL stained copy of the -10 sitting in the side compartment :)

71DeuceAK

That's funny! A friend and I were just talking about TMs the other day...how the original hard copies must be collector items by now! I'm keeping my eye out for M939 series manuals for him. I told him about Steel Soldiers already...

I hope to find some Deuce and 939 series 5 ton manuals at a garage sale or at a junk store LOL...

JohnnyBM931A2

That's funny! A friend and I were just talking about TMs the other day...how the original hard copies must be collector items by now! I'm keeping my eye out for M939 series manuals for him. I told him about Steel Soldiers already...

I hope to find some Deuce and 939 series 5 ton manuals at a garage sale or at a junk store LOL...
Yeah it was pretty cool to find that :naner: And it was a somewhat "recent" version from 1999. Not sure what the latest version is, but that's good enough.

71DeuceAK

I like how well-written the TMs are, in PROPER ENGLISH! (not Google translated from someone who writes GREAT in Chinese but not English! I enjoy reading them!

pmramsey

Try liberatedmanuals.com
They are all free and with few exceptions, all there including multiple versions of the same TMs. I print mine at Staples and throw them in a hardbound notebook that will lay flat which can be easily viewed at the point of work.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The 211 series TMS are for the 39 series 5t. If you can find a G744 tm, this is the parts book for the 39 series BEFORE the the 2320-211-----, everything is the same as the 211 TMS but BETTER, it gives bolt size, length, ect., it gives who made the part, the mfg. pn, if more then one maker, gives that one mfg pn as well, the picture break down is so much better then the 211-20p,or the -34p. When the G744 was issued, the military was still doing TMs as they did in WW2

SUPERSPORT

Try liberatedmanuals.com
They are all free and with few exceptions, all there including multiple versions of the same TMs. I print mine at Staples and throw them in a hardbound notebook that will lay flat which can be easily viewed at the point of work.
What did that cost you?

pmramsey

The Staples printed stuff is not cheap especially if one gets all the manuals for one vehicle...operator's, maintenance, lube order, parts, depot maintenance can all be separate manuals. Some are shorter than other. One of the manuals for my M54A1 is over 600 pages. It gets expensive. However, one can request that the manuals be printed on both sides of the paper to save. Printing can easily run over $100. For me it less a matter of cost as it is being able to frequently refer to what I am doing in the manual. I lay the books out on the work area to help me keep up with what I am doing especially because so much of what I do is a first run for me. I am sure I am a bit slow in these matters but it works for me.

SUPERSPORT

Thanks. After I posted here I started looking around Staples website and found some pricing.

My big problem with spending the money is I don't really know what to print. Having hard copies would save the confusion of digging through all those PDFs.

To me that section is a mess with no real explanation. I wish someone would do a list of manuals in order and what they are exactly, in layman's terms.

Guyfang

Staff member
Down load the E-manual, take it to a print shop and get it printed. Was pricy here in Germany, but was VERY well done. Put it in document protectors if you really use it while working.

wdbtchr

I have both electronic on CD and an original print copy I got on fleabay. What I do to keep my hard copy clean is to print just the pages pertaining to what I'm working on.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. After I posted here I started looking around Staples website and found some pricing.

My big problem with spending the money is I don't really know what to print. Having hard copies would save the confusion of digging through all those PDFs.

To me that section is a mess with no real explanation. I wish someone would do a list of manuals in order and what they are exactly, in layman's terms.
Here is how to read the titles of technical manuals:
First Part - TM (Technical Manual), TB (Technical Bulletin), LO (Lube Order), etc.
Second Part -9 (ordnance equipment including vehicles), 1 series is aircraft, etc.
Third Part - 2320 (FSC - Federal Supply Code for wheeled vehicles)
Fourth Part - 211 - the 211th manual in this FSC, which happens to be for the older series five ton trucks.
Fifth Part - -10 (operator's manual), -10HR (hand receipt manual for operator), -20 (organizational repair manual) -30 (support maintenance manual), and the combinations -14 (operator through rear echelon support manual) -15 (operator through factory manual), if it has a "P" on it at the end, then it is also a parts manual for those levels of maintenance, and lastly some of the books are so big that they are split into multiple books so you could have a -20-1, -20-2 and a -20-3.

jam

There are also print on demand services (I helped build the original lulu.com) that can take a pdf and make it into a book for you. Even make it for sale if you so wish. Fine color, or black and white, varying sizes. Might be worth trying if you want a hard copy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks