• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard steering

sermis

Ok power steering question. Really hard to turn and a lot of pump whine when driving.
Pump full of fluid. Did the lock to lock to bleed air like 75 times, yes over did it. Still has power braking when stopping. I know there is a fluid leak somewhere, thinking return hose as fluid has been dropping for a while.
So is it a bad pump, hydro booster, or gearbox?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start with basics. Belts ok? Did you check fluid level? If fluid ok and no air then pump is my thought.
bad hydroboost will give rock hard brake pedal.
Box will usually leak from seals or have sloppy loose feel to stg wheel if internal worn components. Could be seizing up but that is not the usual suspect.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok power steering question. Really hard to turn and a lot of pump whine when driving.
Pump full of fluid. Did the lock to lock to bleed air like 75 times, yes over did it. Still has power braking when stopping. I know there is a fluid leak somewhere, thinking return hose as fluid has been dropping for a while.
So is it a bad pump, hydro booster, or gearbox?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Leak on mine was the fan clutch disconnect.

Ajax MD

I have a sort of similar problem.

No leaks.
Excellent brakes.
When the fluid is cold, the steering is perfect at all RPMs. When the engine heats up and all the fluids heat up, steering at idle becomes difficult and there is some whine. If I rev up the RPMs a bit, pressure builds and it steers fine. It always steers fine at anything above idle.

My belts have a little dance but nothing crazy. I guess I'll start there.

sue

I have a sort of similar problem.

No leaks.
Excellent brakes.
When the fluid is cold, the steering is perfect at all RPMs. When the engine heats up and all the fluids heat up, steering at idle becomes difficult and there is some whine. If I rev up the RPMs a bit, pressure builds and it steers fine. It always steers fine at anything above idle.

My belts have a little dance but nothing crazy. I guess I'll start there.
Your not using power steering fluid are you?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks