• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard to find deuce parts

Arturo

I'm looking for a retail parts supplier for my M35a2, preferably a company that has access to ALL the parts listed in the technical manual by number. I've seen many online retailers, but their supply is limited.

For instance, I'm looking for part number 7397808, which is listed as a bracket piece in the emergency brake assembly. No luck so far, which is not surprising given that it is only a small part of the whole assembly. A few folks have directed me to sites like White Owl or Erik's, but these sites usually only stock the major assembly parts. For instance, you can buy a brake cable or hand lever there, but not the fastening hardware.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Art

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dought you will find a single supplier for every part on a Deuce. With them being 40+ years old and being removed from military inventory, most parts suppliers no longer need to stock parts.

Memphis Equipment or Boyce may be your best bet.

Also on many parts used will be your only option.

Last edited:

country

Supporting Vendor

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Memphis is usually my last choice but when nobody else has the part, they will have it. I'm not 100% sure they have every part for a deuce but they have a massive parts dept and I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

The down side is cost. I've always had great service from them but they are high on their parts. I'm sure it cost quite a bit to maintain such a huge parts inventory and the prices reflect that. Also, most of their business is commercial clients and they don't mind paying the prices.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SECO in Augusta, GA also has parts, but they are a little harder to locate. You will need to download their spreadsheet of available parts, then search for the part you are looking for by a modified NSN. IE, Deuce Head gasket is listed as 013890664.5330 (NSN 5330-01-389-0664) which is the new version of the same part number you will find in the TM. So the first step is to find the correct part number by searching for the NSN of your part in the TM, then finding out if there is a newer NSN for the same thing, then converting it to their part configuration, then doing a search (Ctrl-F) in their spreadsheet. For some, that will be doing too much work, and they are better off buying from Memphis or another dealer. Contact info > Jean@SecoGlobal.com

BTW, Memphis wants $82.90 for a multifuel head gasket plus taxes and shipping, SECO charged me $55.00 each plus tax and I picked them up (for me they are local). You will first have to send them an e-mail asking about price and availability, as they do NOT have price information, and their inventory was as of September 2009.

Last edited: