• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top conversion

sellbooze

I own several bars in Tampa , and sometimes use my truck as a sign for advertisement. I tired of tourists (drunks) thinking its ok to make them selves at home in my truck .My plan was to put a hard top on her and be able to combat lock the doors and leave the windshield unlocked so that I can unlock the door (Most tourists wont know that's a point of entry). I would like to convert my soft top to a hard top. Any advise of do's and don't ??
Where is a good place to find hard tops for sale ?
I am in the Tampa area but don't mind to travel if I have to.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are several ppl selling the hardtops on e-gay. Seems GL had a butt load of hardtops actioned off about 3 months ago and they should be going pretty cheap. Just make sure you get the complete kit. Make sure you ASK and get the one that goes on the Deuce, a couple of lots of 5 ton (900 series) tops went out at the same time...

Last edited:

JDToumanian

I got mine for $700, and it was local so I didn't have to worry about shipping. It was new in the crate, 2006 manufactured.... One of the many that sold on GL recently. That price is very good, but there are some guys on here that got them for even less. Now that they're all in the hands of resellers, they seem to go between $700 - $1200.

Jon

Jimma

Talk to Cessnatwin in St. Pete. He always knows where to find things. He has numerous personal trucks that are awesome.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC was trying to sell a couple hardtops in chat last week he had one for a duece and one 900 series don't know if he sold them they were in ga.

KsM715

Be prepared for that "new" un-dented top to become a used caved-in top after your first day of advertising with it. If they're drunk enough to try to climb in it they will try to climb on it as well.

Flyingvan911

My hardtop came caved in from the military. I don't know why the climbed up on top. I'm not too worried about it. If I found a cheap top I might replace it someday. It is pretty rusty.

Maybe put barbed wire around it, ha, ha. It's too bad the drunks won't leave it alone.

sellbooze

I don't know that they will climb on top of it ....but .... they are drunks and one of the locations is a hard core biker bar. @Flyingvan , I love the barbed wire !! I was thinking of wiring 220v straight to the truck ! that will keep em away , and unfortunately , sue happy.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know that they will climb on top of it ....but .... they are drunks and one of the locations is a hard core biker bar. @Flyingvan , I love the barbed wire !! I was thinking of wiring 220v straight to the truck ! that will keep em away , and unfortunately , sue happy.
If it is a true hard core biker crowd I doubt it would be much problem ,Its the weekend warrior wantabe bikers that are the problem and I've been into harley's since back in day when you had a custom bike you actually had to build it not bolt it together out of a box like nowdays. 2cents

Parker2

I have an extra hard top in Plant City. It's in rough shape, but if you are any good at metal or body work you could fix it up nice.
Give me a call if interested in looking at it - 892-0917