• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard Top Kit Inquiry

TiredIron

I think I saw brand new hard top kits new in the crate somewhere on here.
It looked like just two pieces that bolt together. The picture showed stacks of them in plywood flat crates. Has anyone here bought one of these and installed it? Was it as simple as it looks.

Thanks
TiredIron

hdexpert

I bought one, took it out of the crate, took pics and put it on E-bay. They come with hardware kits. Bolt em together and put em on. Pretty easy but it's a two man job.

AceHigh

I just put two on (by myself) and it is an OK job. They fit great, everything you need is in the crate.

One big problem I had was putting it on the A3. The shoulder seat belt upright is in the way of the bolts. No fun!

I have one left to do. Maybe I can find someone to help. ;) Cause an old guy climbing up the steps to the bed with the top piece on his back turtle style looks funny.

TiredIron

So how do I find them on GL for $500....? I did a search and found nothing.
Has anyone paid the shipping and how much was that. I'm in Colorado with a new A3. I'm also looking for a Gun Ring Flange kit for a 24in hole under the ring. Anyone here been down this road?

Thanks in advance.

TiredIron

KsM715

What he (M1075) means is when they do come up on gl for auction they usually close out around $500

Edit: I've got a hard top on my M818 (with the original military provided rain catcher, I. E. dent from soldiers). If I wasnt swapping it to my bob project, I'd sell it in a hearthbeat for $500. I want a soft top for the M818.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken I believe Memphis Equipment was advertising them for $1600. I dont remember for sure. I not sure either if they are N.O.S. or a reproduction either???? I have seen the one piece fiberglass tops for 500-700 new, but I dont like the looks of them at all.
I guess one would be better than no top at all I guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks