• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top question

The hard top i bought for my m37 has a 2 inch rain gutter( i call it ) on the front and sides. It is screwed on. the front how ever look like it may be part of the mounting bracket but still it is screwed on. It looks original.Anybody ever seen this. I would like it to come off. Mabey its off a bigger truck or older. It has wood to.

neverfinished

Certainly, a pic would help, but it sounds like you have the cckw top that was adapted early on for M37 use. They have an extension added to the front and sides to mate to the windshield and doors and then an added piece at each rear corner to fit the back of cab. Also, they use some wood pieces around the door windows/weatherstrip area as I recall-and they have a round rear window.
Ted

pwrwagonfire

From what you describe, I believe that you have the CCKW hardtop...I have/had that as well on my M-37. It was an armed forces retrofit for the M-37 due to a shortage of factory hardtops (from what I have read).

I dislike this top...bad sight lines, and makes a lot of noise. But I'm sure there are many positives to say as well.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks