• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hard top with m66 gun ring

Maroman

Here is mine. These are noiser than a regular soft top. That cover is thin and lets all the sound of the exhaust stack come right on in. I have plans to cover it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I did get one on my duece. The truck came from the South Carolina Nat Guard. I think it was used for Convoy Operations Training at Fort Jackson.
MY only complaint is that they dented the hard top when they did the installation and it leaks a little when it rains.
I used it the other day at the Machine Gun Shoot. I fired my AK-47 off of it. Gave a lot better view of the target rich environment out front of the duece.

BAZYRKYR

I did get one on my duece. The truck came from the South Carolina Nat Guard. I think it was used for Convoy Operations Training at Fort Jackson.
MY only complaint is that they dented the hard top when they did the installation and it leaks a little when it rains.
I used it the other day at the Machine Gun Shoot. I fired my AK-47 off of it. Gave a lot better view of the target rich environment out front of the duece.

Could you send me some pics of the hole in your hardtop [bazyrkyrs_brews@rocketmail.com] and of what they used to fill it and seal it. I think I'm going to mount M66 machine gun ring on my M109A3 and mount a 1919a4 with an
Emory Jones CrankFire and I may also try to pick up one of those m900 ballistic windshields and custom fit it on the M109A3.

215Dave

Eastern Surplus has a hardtop on their site with the gun ring hole. It's a take off of a truck they acquired. I think there's 2 or 3 pics of it on the site.

Also, a site, BMGParts.com has ring mount parts, BUT here's the relevance, have the canvas covers for the hole in a hardtop and a "ring with snaps". The ring being metal and attaching with rivets or welding I'd imagine.

Just throwing out some info. Hopes its helpful.

I'm looking for the actual gun ring right now. I have the legs.....

Artisan

did they make a hard top with the hole in it for the m66 gun ring?

thanks cliff
I think eastern surplus , or is is Saturn? Has one for sale. I think they want $4500.00 for it if I remember right. Also the Frankentop M923 has one.