• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard vs soft......doors

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M998 with soft doors. The windows are getting where you can't see out of them real well and a couple of them are having zipper issues. Those of you who went from soft to hard doors, is it worth the money? Are the hard doors any quieter? What does an x-door with the window that goes up and down weigh? Can one person still remove it?

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want a set of hard doors for the winter, but once it's warm I really like the soft doors instead.

Going from doors on to doors off takes a minute or less, add maybe one more minute to roll up the rear curtain and you're riding in style. Let's see a Wrangler owner do it less than 20 minutes.....

1715356864642.png

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I want a set of hard doors for the winter, but once it's warm I really like the soft doors instead.

Going from doors on to doors off takes a minute or less, add maybe one more minute to roll up the rear curtain and you're riding in style. Let's a Wrangler owner do it less than 20 minutes.....

View attachment 922973
I understand that the latch on the cab is different between the soft doors and X doors.
Can't swear to it, but I know I have read it here before...

Reactions: OBX