• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hardcore Pawn bobbed 5 ton

Happyland1410

Just saw a bobbed 5 ton on the Hardcore Pawn TV show. The guy wanted $19,000 for it. The best part? I was in the other room and my wife calls me and says "quick, I think there is a deuce on the show". It wasn't a deuce but still pretty cool to see it was something close and notify me. :mrgreen:

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That truck has been on craigslist for a wile. The producers search craigslist all day long looking for weird crap to bring on the show.

They tried to get me to take my m925 there, but I wasnt going to waste my time with it.

K9Vic

That truck has been on craigslist for a wile. The producers search craigslist all day long looking for weird crap to bring on the show.

They tried to get me to take my m925 there, but I wasnt going to waste my time with it.

You said what I was going to post, most of the wired stuff like this is just the producers making calls for the show. It has obviously worked for advertisement as the OP posted about the show here. So anyone that has never seen the show before may now be a new fan. Allot of the stuff you see on these shows is more scripted then reality. The only show that is still reality is COPS that is still and has always been 100% unscripted.

Still nice truck and was that also not on eBay as well?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You said what I was going to post, most of the wired stuff like this is just the producers making calls for the show. It has obviously worked for advertisement as the OP posted about the show here. So anyone that has never seen the show before may now be a new fan. Allot of the stuff you see on these shows is more scripted then reality. The only show that is still reality is COPS that is still and has always been 100% unscripted.
Still nice truck and was that also not on eBay as well?
I agree, remember when the butchered scout car was featured on Pawn Stars??

How many of us would take an MV to a pawnshop to sell it??:cookoo:

SPCWarning

Just saw a bobbed 5 ton on the Hardcore Pawn TV show. The guy wanted $19,000 for it. The best part? I was in the other room and my wife calls me and says "quick, I think there is a deuce on the show". It wasn't a deuce but still pretty cool to see it was something close and notify me. :mrgreen:
My wife HATED my old car I was "working on" for 3 1/2 years, but now that it's gone and I have a 1009 she spots anything and everything camo and brings it to my attention, and wants to ride in the CUCV more than she ever LOOKED at the car. She's even looking up military surplus Christmas gifts for our sons now. (by the way, she wants me to buy/paint her a PINK camo CUCV)

firefirefire90

I agree, remember when the butchered scout car was featured on Pawn Stars??

How many of us would take an MV to a pawnshop to sell it??:cookoo:
probably quite a few. The same reason people would take silver or gold and real rolex's to a pawn shop rather than selling them to a reputable dealer or doing private sale.

Easy money, or a quick loan for quick investment/needing to pay the bills.

truck1

That scout car on Pawn Stars was a total arranged setup.I personally saw the vehicle in the owners yard in So Cal after the show aired.The producers looked for the vehicle ahead of production,and found it @ a well known MV collectors yard.It was never for sale as aired,it was "loaned"to the show,then returned after filming.There is no reality in reality TV!Entertaining,maybe.Reality NO.:wink:

M813A1

I saw the same show of the 5 ton to be pawned !! And thought that the guys was crazy wanting $19,000 for it !! Just to funny and not reality at all !!! Bogus all the way !! :cookoo: :cookoo:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I think they should be called "unreality" shows. Too much drama about nothing.

The tow truck shows are especially irritating.:roll:

Well....those and the "see how many alligators can be killed by the inbred swamp people".:roll:

SCRAP

not worth even close to 19k, I thought les was a sharp buisness man untill he offered 10k for it. If that guy has even close to that amount in that truck I feel sorry for him. If im dropping that kind of coin it better be somthing special.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what I'm learning today -

Reality shows AREN'T real.

Warthog really ISN'T a F ing bully.

Doghead ISN'T the second coming of Elvis.

What's next? Wrasslin' isn't real?

militarysteel

That truck was a depot rebuild from Virginia , him and my brother drove that back to michigan. i know he has more the 10K into the truck! the tires and rims came from Rodney from Wisconsin, the springs came from doc farmall, paint came from ranch hopper in chicago, the bed also came from ranch hopper, he actually shortened this truck all his self, a very nice truck one of the best depot rebuilds out there.

sandcobra164

militarysteel, If you're being serious then I may offend. Sorry. You can pick up a cherry M818 and M105 trailer, bob the 818, sell the axle and 5th wheel, and drop the bed on fairly easily. 19K is asking a 10K markup which might work on a private sell to someone who doesn't know any better, but to try and screw a man whose chosen profession is to screw people is not going to happen. Pawn shop owners are generally pretty knowledgeable or they aren't pawn shop owners for very long. And I'm not in the pawn business but I know how they think as I know a few folks in that game. You take stuff to the pawn shop when you're desperate and they use that against you to the fullest.

K9Vic

Pawn shops are in business to make money, they will low ball you so they can make money on reselling it. Even if you just get a pawn loan you will still get about the same as selling it, that is because if you default they still have to sell it and make their money back. The price offered was fair for a broker as that is what a pawn shop its. They still have to sit on it and try to sell it. Now if this was actually a real deal and not just 100% staged for the show, if that guy was really desperate for money in the real world it probably would have sold for $10K. Since this is another one of the fake reality shows, they find crazy stuff to make the show interesting to watch.

I have never pawned anything buy fire arms as I cannot sell them myself and yes I get screwed on the price if I could legally sell it myself. I have bought allot of stuff from pawn shops for cheap because the original person defaulted on the loan. I had a good relationship with a pawn shop many year ago and would buy video equipment from them and resell it myself on eBay. Then the pawn shops got smart and started doing that themselves, so now I just buy for myself. I picked up a like new Sony professional video camera that sells for about $2500 used on eBay for $1600. It was a pawn loan and the guy never picked it up, so I got a great deal on a camera I have been wanting for a long time.

I hate most of all reality shows, but I watched all of the episodes simply because it was entertaining and I have always been fascinated with the pawn business. I know it is fake, but still fun to watch these people act like fools on national TV.

militarysteel

hey there sandc... , no, no offense, i look at the source, only people with no money complain about the price of a truck, A MV' or anything else for that matter is only worth what someone will pay for it. if nobody wants to give the man 10k for it, then i guess he'll sit on it, then won't he? Since 2003 the amount of money that a fairly normal person would pay for a MV has tremendously fluctuated. However if someone has a few bucks, and they want an excellent truck, they will pay good money for a good truck. in regards to Mr. Pawn Boss man, a 10k offer makes sense, only because he knows in his head he'd be able to drop that bad boy, easily for 20k+, if ever needed, but as he said, Would more then likely keep it as a toy, because he can instantly judge the amazing shape of this truck ! Lets not beat a horse dead here talking about MV prices, i herd it doesn't make all that great of a conversation piece.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I like how he has all the big spares in the bed and what not but still has the wimpy 11.00 behind the cab. like that is gonna help in a flat, turn it into a tripod.

steelandcanvas

Nice truck, the show sucks bigtime, and Mr Pawn Boss is a blowhard. 'Nuff said. I totally agree with WM about reality shows. Next they'll be telling me Roller Derby isn't real. :doh:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks