• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hardtop Leaks like its not there.......

TACTICAL6

Don't know about you all, but my hard top has leaked since I got the truck. All the seals take on water. The hardtop is starting to rot away. So it was a PITA, but with the help of my boy, I did a little resto. I removed all the rust, repainted and replaced all the insulation. I finally found a good use for the old PT/sleeping mat. It makes great insulation for the cab. The old seals were still good, I just gooped the heck out of them with silicone. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

Flyingvan911

That's my plan also. Mine has surface rust but doesn't seem to leak through the seals. Looks like you did a great job. I also need to pop the dent out of the top.

Flyingvan911

I think the insulation in my top had mold in it. When I got the truck and for a little while after, my throat would hurt after driving for a little bit. I sprayed Lysol spray onto every surface and into every nook and cranny several times and now I don't have any trouble. I'm going to look to see if there's insulation I can use that won't mold.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I am planning on removing my hard top tonight. Mine looks like swiss cheese so I am hoping I can salvage it. Thanks for the ideas on insulation and I like the light in there.

TACTICAL6

It is heavy!! It took me and three teenage boys to get it down. Two adults could probably manage it though. I put it back on one piece at a time. You might take it off that way if its just you. thanks for the comments, Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks