• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Harmonic Balancer replacement

Blackjack

Need some help.

I have a M1009 and just replaced the harmonic balancer with a Fluidamper. Got everything put back together and just realized the Fluidamper is sitting against the motor and the belts are not well aligned! What am i missing? Did i not put a spacer in? Does anyone know the order of parts to go on from beginning all the way to the fan? Or even pictures or a diagram for the fluidamper setup? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need the spacer...there's one I think on their site...the one you installed fits a 6.5 not a 6.2 so it's not as long on the snout...might need a new seal now as well. Hopefully the front cover didn't get crushed...don't start it!!!!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quadstar tuning sells it for 5$. I bought 4 a while back when the stock balancers fell off the planet. They'll be making the 6.5 one for a long time yet though.

Blackjack

Quadstar tuning sells it for 5$. I bought 4 a while back when the stock balancers fell off the planet. They'll be making the 6.5 one for a long time yet though.

Thanks a ton. You have photo or part number for that spacer from Quadstar? Gonna try to order one now. And is it called a 6.2 harmonic balancer spacer or something else? Thanks again

Blackjack

Actually, i just found it and they explain it well on the website. Thanks again.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's right on their site...just a spacer made to make a 6 5 fit a 6.2

Jake59

Hey Blackjack,

Just checked my Fluidamper, which was still in the card board box, to check the contents.

This is item # FLD-800191. This item fits for both GM 6.5 and 6.2 diesel engines and contains the damper with an extra spacer.
If you have this # Fluidamper, check the box.
The Fluidamper is sandwished between 2 bags of expanded foam but I could initially not find any spacer.
As I pulled out the bottom foam cushion, on the veruy bottom of the box, there was the spacer which you need for the GM 6.2 diesel.

So check your box and in the bottom the spacer may still be covered under the foam cushion, wrapped in brown paper...
I could not feel from the weight of the "empty" box that there was still something/a metal piece in there and one would believe it is just wrapping and the box... so please do check!

I realize this already days after your posting, but perhaps you still have the box...

Cheers,

Jake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks