• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Harris HF antenna

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at a Harris antenna, for the most part looks interchangeable with the Shakespeare HF antenna but for this thing, I assume it is a loading coil? will it fit the Shakespeare antenna?

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a 2 piece rubber isolator/protector for the mount that holds an at1011 antenna and the tilt adapter.

Some pics here :

I also have the set up on the side of my right rear fender if you look on my thread Juan's m998
I saw those pictures, looks like a "protected" spring,,,, AHH, so it is just a protection boot for the spring? What is under the bottom part of the boot? an extension for the base?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, if you do not use a tilt adapter that antenna since it is so long with 4 sections will get fouled when not in use:

The at1011 also has a ground tripod and can have even more rigid 1st sections to make it even higher.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, if you do not use a tilt adapter that antenna since it is so long with 4 sections will get fouled when not in use:

The at1011 also has a ground tripod and can have even more rigid 1st sections to make it even higher.
But the tilt adapter is not mounted under the spring, yes?
Those pictures look like there is a riser under the spring, probably to put the radiating element farther out of reach.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the big spring and tilt adapt....there is another rubber part to that.

Wile E. Coyote

Here's how they go....
The tall boot was for the first generation of the HF mount for the AT-1011 with the AN/GRC-206 installations. Once the tilt-whip adapters were in use, it looks like they cut down a lot of the original boots to allow use of the tilt-whip adapter. I guess at some point they probably manufactured a shorter boot with the tilt-whip adapter in mind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks