• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hartland ME to Houlton ME

joshua180422

My LMTV broke down and got repaired in Hartland ME and I need it transported to Houlton ME. I am a little worried about driving it so I was thinking about having it towed. I have a vacation place in Maine so I am going up there again in June and do not want to waste a whole day driving it back. So I was just trying to figure out my options.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You will have to trailer it or pull both driveshafts to have it towed. You will need the otc u joint puller to get the driveshafts out its alot of work.

sandcobra164

You will have to trailer it or pull both driveshafts to have it towed. You will need the otc u joint puller to get the driveshafts out its alot of work.
In the National Guard, we often just pull two opposite bearing caps bolts at the differential end of the driveshaft. Then going side to side with a sand mallet, we get the bearing caps out and removal becomes much easier. It's good to know there is a specific tool out there. Would you have a part number? I would love to get 2 to put on my contact trucks that roll with the wreckers.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
OTC 5190A. I know a few mil mechanics they have the same tool in their road kits. Its very easy to bend a yoke hammering on it and any imbalance can cause a driveshaft to fly off when driving. I know 3 people this has happened to and there is a tacom warning about it. All 3 times when the driveshaft came off it took a chunk of the t-case with it.

joshua180422

My time frame is kind of flexible. I do need it there by the 8th of June and would prefer it not get there too early. I think trailer would be the best bet I don't want to see anything else go wrong. I will PM you soon. I am at work now.