• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anybody put thier M1078 on a scale?

spankybear

I wander if I can strip enough off to get the weight down to 16,000. It will save on my registration fees... Is there a 1000 pounds with the spare, troop seats, bed sides, lifting attachments. Heck not having 6TL is a huge savings... :-D

dougco1

I wander if I can strip enough off to get the weight down to 16,000. It will save on my registration fees... Is there a 1000 pounds with the spare, troop seats, bed sides, lifting attachments. Heck not having 6TL is a huge savings... :-D
I dropped the spare on ours to get to the electrical box underneath. I was going to unhook it and roll it out of the way. I changed my mind when I had it on the ground "looked like a thousand pounds to me!"

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removing the lifting attachments under the bed has got to be a couple hundred pounds worth.

coachgeo

I've never weighed a big truck before. How and where do you do it?
Local big rig truck stop with scales. Other options is where they sell gravel or where they buy scrap. Your local vehicle registrar though will tell you whom they want you to get official weight certificate from. Just give them a call.

Where ever you do it..... see if they are willing to take the time to also do an off the books weigh in with only front axle on scale....... and only back axle on scale. This is good info to have for your own purposes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks