• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone captured CAD models

MASIC

Before I model the chassis and engine bay I was wondering if anyone else has done this. I just need references from the frame rails down for a project that in working on. Why create my own drawings of the existing when I can see or use if there is some available.
I like the 5 ton power, size and strength but then again the M35 chassis is more nimble to a certain degree. I am about to get started on a yearlong project (doing it on my spare time). I am going to redesign the 5ton to a more modern look. I’m going to keep the complete frame rails cross members and all, suspension except for adding one more steer axle, repower the drive train with a newer transmission, same transfer case only with hydraulic selectors instead of levers and update the brake system. The 900 series would be a better choice for myself but unless I find one worthy for a donor I do not want to dismantle a good one.
I am going to be using only 2 body metals – AR500 steel and aluminum. I have an excellent opportunity up here until I am able to move back to the US (home) to do the modifications and maybe present the design to our boys in O.D. I will keep posted once I have some drawings complete and a chassis to start with and not earlier.
Thank you

Last edited:

pyrogod117

That sounds like an awesome project. If you do the CAD drawings, would you mind posting them? Also, Take 100s of pictures and give us a step by step please.

gunboy1656

I have not used CAD in a long time so my skills are a bit rusty, But why not take a scale model and import those images into a CAD program.

Everything is already done and set to scale.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks