• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone ever pulled throttle instead of engine stop?

bassetdeuce

Please tell me that someone else has done this. Park the deuce. Set emergency brake. Unbuckle seatbelt. Rotate electrical to off. Grab one of those t shaped controls and give it a firm yank. Proceed to crap pants as multi howls to the moon. Quickly shove in throttle handle after 5 seconds of contemplation. Leave truck running and quickly go out to look under the motor. No Niagra Falls under there. Go back in truck pull engine stop. Now I wasn't drunk or anything, but I definately wasn't on the ball (read:tired) last Friday. :shock::oops::(:doh::grd:

FL_Frank

Haven't done it yet, but this reminds me - I was planning on disconnecting mine shortly to prevent either this scenario from happening, or it binding the pedal throttle cable in any way (call it a pet peeve).

Hope your Deuce is ok, but they seem like tough machines for the limited time I have owned one.

crazyplowboy

I did that the first night I had my deuce, it was dark and I couldn't read them. Need less to say I picked the wrong one. I almost wet my pants when I did it, however I still haven't forgotten which one it is since then.

bassetdeuce

Dude there is a governor on that engine... you can pull that handle till you punch yourself in the face and it not going to hurt anything.
Yeah, I kinda figured. I didn't look at the tach long enough to see what it went to, but it sounded absolutely vicious at that rpm. I think my truck was very pizzed off. My official excuse was I just got done driving dads 5 ton (off switch - duh) and I had a mental lapse.:roll:

badgmc56

I did it just once but wont do it again. Good thing I was in my driveway cause I would have felt like a jerk if anyone was around. Wasn't paying attention and grabbed the wrong one.

onegmjack

I went to the car wash to wash my tires,had clay mud on them,got several dirty looks
they all ran when I yanked the wrong one.I will always look from now on,not just grab.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dude there is a governor on that engine... you can pull that handle till you punch yourself in the face and it not going to hurt anything.
unless the fuel is turned up, in whch case the governor won't govern very well.

zout

patience

Always take time to look - might as well pull the either injection while the engine is running.
Hit the throttle when you mean to hit the brake
Turn on the wipers when you want 4 ways on

be in control of machinery and always look first then act.

No time afterwards to say I should have never done that
But in reality - we have all done something simular - meaning to go back to what I first mentioned - Always take time to look before acting.

Is that an engine I hear revving up behind me !:roll:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did it once. Hopefully not again. I felt stupid for making a mistake around something that could turn mistakes into harm.

oilcan

I was talking to a guy that had a deuce with a blown motor for sale a long time ago. The last time it ran, he told his daughter to shut it down, she pulled the wrong cable, and the motor ended up with a nice bay window in the block.

It probably won't happen to you, but there's always a chance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks