• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

has anyone fixed a M105a3 landing gear?

Darwin T

sorry, my first post was looking for the parts.

let me try this, has anyone come up with a GOOD way to repair or replace the little weak front landing geaar on a M105a3. i don't plan on moving the trailer with a vehicle. mine has a bent hub that locks it up and down and a bent mounting plate on the jack itself.

whoever OK'd this set up for the Goberment should have to lay under it everytime a soldier moves one. i guess there were to many M105a2 landing gears in the warehouse, so if they change it we can spend more of our money buying the new ones and the upgraded ones. the a2's just worked to good, i guess.

Attachments

Last edited:

broman78

if you want a jack to just lift it I would go to tractor supply or local farm store and purchase a generic heavy duty lift for trailers and weld it on. It looks like you are trying to roll it without a vehicle so that definitely complicates things.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Darwin I must lead a shelterd life as I have never seen a landing gear on a 105 like that, I have a 105A3 and its got a full dual steel wheeled assembly on it that looks like it could easily hold 6000 pounds by itself! I honestly dont know what to tell you on this one
KK

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that Jack is no match for the design and construction of a 1 1/2 ton trailer.

I second the notion for an upgrade. Certainly there are some laying around the shops of Bobber jobbers.

Rick

Nonotagain

sorry, my first post was looking for the parts.

let me try this, has anyone come up with a GOOD way to repair or replace the little weak front landing geaar on a M105a3. i don't plan on moving the trailer with a vehicle. mine has a bent hub that locks it up and down and a bent mounting plate on the jack itself.

whoever OK'd this set up for the Goberment should have to lay under it everytime a soldier moves one. i guess there were to many M105a2 landing gears in the warehouse, so if they change it we can spend more of our money buying the new ones and the upgraded ones. the a2's just worked to good, i guess.
Remove the small screw from the cover thats over the swivel release.
Then remove the release handle and throw it away. Straighten the leg and thru drill the hole that the release handle was in.
You need a T handle 8" long to go thru both sides of the swivel assembly.
As for the leg itself, straighten the welded on plate and fit two pieced of steel 1/2" thick and match drill, then use 3/8-16 grade 8 bolts to sandwich it together.
One of my trailers had the same problem. The handle only going in to one side is a recipe for bent parts.
I can take some pics this weekend if needed to show my mods.

Darwin T

Darwin I must lead a shelterd life as I have never seen a landing gear on a 105 like that, I have a 105A3 and its got a full dual steel wheeled assembly on it that looks like it could easily hold 6000 pounds by itself! I honestly dont know what to tell you on this one
KK
thats what my M105a2 has, however, a true M105a3 has a serge brake and this tiny little PofS landing gear. it also has a wider bed, axles and 22.5" rims. i can see both sides in my mirrors which makes it easy to back it up.

Attachments

pmramsey

I welded in a plate and attached a heavy duty bulldog jack onto my M105A3. I've never seen an A3 with anything other than the cheesey jacks. I purchased mine out of Bragg. I took off the great bed and replaced it with an M105A2 bed. Now I have a surge-brake M105 and hope to soon have a great new bed for the M1028.

I see you also have the funky size tires but you have a nice looking spare.

Last edited:

Nonotagain

this is how jacked up my jack was, this is what it looks like after i torched it and hit it like i was on steriods.:deadhorse: i am looking for a new one.
Cut the stub off and weld it to a piece of 1/2" plate.

I could have taken pics of mine last weekend, but no one asked when I offered up.

You also need to cut two pieces of plate to drill and tap for use on the backside of the jack mounting plate. Use 3/8-16 grade 8 bolts.

3dAngus

I think I would just drill the hole and pick up the M105A2 dual wheel landing gear. You can get them easily for $50-75 bucks and they will be much better than anything you'll get on market.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks