• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

has anyone heard of alfaheaven

87jimmy

I'm new on here and was looking for some references for this place i was looking to buy some tires from him please point me in the right direction if i'm in the wrong forum thank you. Also I am looking for some 12.50 r20 michelins xl pattern

Last edited:

SixSpeed

Banned
I got a lot of my 12.5's (What I used to run on my Mogs', now run 14.5's) from BergSupply. Shipping was quick and cheap down the East Coast.

I am familiar with, but have not dealt with Alpha.

What are you putting the tires on?

I purchased some tires from them, had a problem with one and they replaced with no questions. Since they took such good care of me I ordered an additional tire with the replacement so that it would help with their shipping costs. They shipped to a local tire store for me also.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alpha Heaven

I've bought a lot of M211 parts from them. Realy nice folks
and always wonderful stuff.
Bruce

mrcucv

Ive heard of alfaheaven and checked out the sight. i have never bought anything from them but they do have some nice stuff

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some members have been disallusioned after the purchase of freshly painted over & prettied up trucks from Alpha.
Haven't heard any complaints about tires from them.
Man, it seems to me that I've seen plenty of tires for sale a lot closer to Florida though.

Jones

Bought paint from him and called for additional information. He took the time to answer all my questions and even offered some additional tips that made the job go a lot smoother.
I recommending him.

87jimmy

the tires are going on a daily driven 87 k5 chevy with one ton axles. the reason for getting the tires way out there is because even with shipping he is cheaper than anyone i could find on the east coast. thanks for the info so far. Charles

87jimmy

I was told that if they are not driven far under a heavy load you can exeed there speed by a little anyway most of my driving does not exeed 50mph and the truck there going to be on only weighs probably 6,000 lbs if you have heard of any issues with that please pass it to me thank you

87jimmy

is my truck going to be able to move these tires efficiently versus other 40 inch tires such as super swampers and do you know what the weight of the tires are each

SixSpeed

Banned
I want to say the 12.5's weigh something like 130lbs a piece. Maybe it was 140. Something like that.

Super Swampers are pretty light compared to Military tires. XL's are very heavy for any given size, they are built tough/thick.

DanMartin

XL's are very heavy for any given size, they are built tough/thick.
Yep...the 14.50R20 tire is easily 250 lbs without the wheel (I don't remember exactly how much, but figured on ~350 with the wheel, that's probably close). They are designed to stop small caliber arms fire and shrapnel ("Tactical radial"). Super tough, super heavy, super stiff, wear like iron. Remember, these tires are for big trucks...not pickups.

Sixspeed, I would love to know how your 14" XLs ride on that 'mog. Seems like they would ride super-stiff. Not sure how good they would be offroad...not going to get any 'squat' out of them by airing down.....

87jimmy

should I be looking for something different to run or can I get by with these tires there a quarter of the price that any super swampers are and they'll last longer but am i compromising anything else besides fuel milage with the weight of the tires

SixSpeed

Banned
should I be looking for something different to run or can I get by with these tires there a quarter of the price that any super swampers are and they'll last longer but am i compromising anything else besides fuel milage with the weight of the tires
Is it a daily driven rig? How fast are you traveling on the highway? How much do you plan to drive it?

I drove my Unimog on 12.5's quite a lot. I put almost 3000 miles on it in about 8 months, probably 200 of that off-road. Never had a problem with them. Cruising @ 55.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've dealt and bought from Alpha. The guy is pretty knowledgeable but can definitely have an opinion.:roll: None the less, I'd buy again.