• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has Anyone Here come across this Hydraulic Pump?

Seatyger

Its a Sunfab Model A2-19 PTO driven hydraulic piston pump. It was used to operate the HIAB Model 172 RF Cranes mounted behind the cab of the M135 CDN MRT trucks.

A manual from 1963 identifies it along with operating, maintenance instructions, However, I have never seen one . Just curious to know if they are strictly a European piece of kit or if they made any inroads to the North American market besides the minimal Canadian Military purchase.

Attachments

runk

Sunfab has a North American website, and still make small pumps specifically for mounting to a PTO.
I was pretty sure I had seen some of their pumps at one of the surplus hydraulic places, but didn't see any this time. Never personally used one.
Variable Flow Pumps

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pump

Good day Seatyger, I just got off the phone with a guy who had a dozen or so of the
cranes and he said he didn't like the pump. Apparently they didn't provide a smooth
flow and were a little jerky.

Are you using one for a project? I still enjoy the hunt!

Seatyger

I'm just going by what the manual said came with the truck/crane. At least initially. I'm certainly not going to get too crazy on locating the Sunfab. My problem is I don't really have any experience with hydraulics/pumps or the cranes they're attached to lol!

Tigertac- there is a complete unit for sale in Manitoba but I don't know what the price is.

I think I have squirrelled all the required parts and pieces with the exception of the hydraulic pump to get the truck refurbished this Spring/Summer.

PS- for any of you with experince here. Would the pump from an M135 Dump unit work?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks