• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone put HMMWV wheels on a Dually?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Rear should work as well since the hub with is wider as well on a dually. Unless he's talking about having it "dualed". In which it could be done, but you're going to have to build some hefty spacers/adapters. And tire inflation will be interesting.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That looks pretty awesome actually.

Roveroverme, yeah that's certainly lifted. I'd say 6" at least. I did think about the rears a little more. If you were to drill a 1/2 or so hole in the rims right there near the bulge before the hub flange, you could use some of those remote air hoses for motorhomes and such. Then for the spacers you could probably get away with a set of dually front spacers on the rear. I'd see about having a thin plate made with lugnut bevels to keep the inner wheel in place. Then bolt them down with a socket and wrench. Then put the outers on as you route the hoses through. Changing tires would be a lot of NOT FUN. But it certainly would look cool.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, did some googling and found that truck. He's only running the HMMWV rims up front.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a member here that put 6 of them on his Dodge. He had a company he deals with make a spacer/adapter that is bolted onto the face of the inner wheel. The outer wheel (modified) bolts on facing the inner wheel. The adapters were hubcentric in design and he reported that it drove pretty nice. It can be done but I hate to see the cost of those adapters.

The following wrecker runs dualled 37s on the back and HMMWV rims on the front. Here's a short vid. With the wider truck axle you have you wouldn't need the inner spacer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikaclBAXFFU

Last edited:

roveroverme

Banned
The more I think about it , the less i feel like putting on HMMWV wheels , I think I'll go with M/T tires the way I had them on my old M1028A3. It's just less trouble- less cool than the HMMWV wheels, but less trouble.
cucv tires.jpgcucv tires1.jpg

Last edited:

Big CASE

thank you all , i was thinking about this to?? .. I was thinking about running Michelin 325-85R-16 xml all the way around( X6 ) on a dully M1028A3 , with a 6" lift using the stock rim or the hmmwv rims .
I just know about the back spacing for the dully ?? what do yall think ? to big ,look weird

roveroverme

Banned
thank you all , i was thinking about this to?? .. I was thinking about running Michelin 325-85R-16 xml all the way around( X6 ) on a dully M1028A3 , with a 6" lift using the stock rim or the hmmwv rims .
I just know about the back spacing for the dully ?? what do yall think ? to big ,look weird
I'd probably go with a smaller size on the Dually wheels. just to keep some added distance between the two tires without having to have a spacer.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The 325's can't be used on the HMMWV rims. 16" vs 16.5".

Big CASE

haa I got to thinking about that , just could not remember that they were 16.5.
spacers would be ok just don't what it looking like some kind of 4x4 mud bogger

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks