• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has Anyone put ten 1100 x20 tires on a deuce ??

rdixiemiller

Ask Bjorn about 1100 NDT singles, that's what he runs. I personally like my radials, and I don't mind the wheel stance. The wheels like Bjorn has widen the track 3-4" I believe. I might eventually go to the 12.50 R20's, in which case I will widen a set of stock rims about 3-3.5" to fit the wheels. Similar to what Gerhard has done on his old deuce.

red devils dude

Recovry4x4 said:
RDD, these are military tires, came straight from GL but they are street tread. I don't care how nice they drive or haw fast they can go, my junk gets NDTs.
wooo-aaahhh
I'm going with Michelin XL 12.5R20 like LH6 had on his deuce.

FSBruva

Pappa-G

Those are stock wheels?!!?!?! That looks great!! I take it you singled up by taking off one set of wheels and didn't flip the hubs?

Matt

FSBruva

According to what DR said, you would only stick out 3 inches past the van if you kept your wheels like they are, and flipped the hubs... but not sure how that would look :?

But as it is, do the rear wheels follow the same track as the fronts? Did you get extra sets of front lugnuts, or are you still using the "thimble?"

Matt

Pappa-G

do the rear wheels follow the same track as the fronts? Did you get extra sets of front lugnuts
The rears are out from the fronts by atleast half the tread width. I am still running on the "thimbles". From what I understand the front lug nuts will fit just fine.

where did you get your tires I'm going to try berg tire
I found these local. I wanted to run duals in the rear but have been unable to find any for a decent price. Berg Tire is a real nice bunch of guys, I tried to get some(11rx20) from them this past spring but at that time they didn't have any. There tire prices are very competetive. ~ Pappa-G

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pappa-G ( and others)

Is this correct - you have just taken out the inner duals and bolted the outers back in place without any other modifications? Does anyone know if there are any long term ill-effects of running without the inner duals as Pappa-G has done? I like the simplicity of the idea. It sure is a simple way of lowering some rolling resistance, if you don't plan on loading the truck to capacity(overloading).

I am just wondering if there is any strange loading/forces imposed on the wheel bearings in this arrangement. I sometimes see these hoodlums in the import tuner cars running around with the hugely negative offset wheels sticking out from under the fenders. I know those guys are buying new wheel bearings every month.

any thoughts?

Jeff

hummin2london

You got it, bearings are the issue. I have a Dodge 50 7.5 tonne (that i just sold and is leaving tonight!) that was designed to run on duals but I've been running on singles turned out for a couple of years. No ill effects because I've NEVER loaded the truck to 1/4 of its rated capacity. I've used it as a camper. If I were running a bunch of school kids or parade princesses in the back, I would not worry about it bieng on singles turned out. If I had a command, ambulance, workshop van on it, I might be concerned about long term bearing wear.

my .o2 pence worth,
Cheers!

Pappa-G

The paint color is the color that they paint Black Hawk helocopters. I got a sample and took it to Home Depot and they color matched it in flat exterior laytex, 3 gallons and a Wagner power painter later bada~bing and cleans up with soap and water! If you are serious I can get the colorant mix codes. ~ Pappa-G

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks