• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

monkeythumbs

DHWIFE said something about breakdowns, guess I'm first. I got about 30 miles from the house and the truck started slowing down (Breaking in new G20'S BTW) so I jump out of the cab and see smoke pouring off both sets of rear brakes. So my buddy shows up and makes an Ice run to cool them off, we cooled them off, and proceeded home without incident. Brake issues suck, guess I'll have to go through them next week or so. I will be at Haspin saturday morning and camping without a truck, need to pick-up/pay for shirts and hats. While I'm there I'll be picking members brains about resolving my brake issue. The parts I was trading/selling are still in my truck, I can't put them in a civic, so we'll have to figure something out if someone still wants them. See you Sayurday morning noonish.

GamaGoatGirl

DHWIFE said something about breakdowns, guess I'm first. I got about 30 miles from the house and the truck started slowing down (Breaking in new G20'S BTW) so I jump out of the cab and see smoke pouring off both sets of rear brakes. So my buddy shows up and makes an Ice run to cool them off, we cooled them off, and proceeded home without incident. Brake issues suck, guess I'll have to go through them next week or so. I will be at Haspin saturday morning and camping without a truck, need to pick-up/pay for shirts and hats. While I'm there I'll be picking members brains about resolving my brake issue. The parts I was trading/selling are still in my truck, I can't put them in a civic, so we'll have to figure something out if someone still wants them. See you Sayurday morning noonish.
Gimpy said adjust the brakes out a little bit (.20 gap)using the top adjusting nuts on the backing plate. Should be fine then!

N1265

MONKEYTHUMBS Wrote :

" The parts I was trading/selling are still in my truck, I can't put them in a civic, so we'll have to figure something out if someone still wants them. See you Sayurday morning noonish "

I will be coming down I-75 in the TROY area about 4:00am .

If you are planning on being up I will stop by and take some part to Haspen for you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JDub was having issues with his Dodge. He can't haul all the stuff he needs for a weekend of camping with his 1009 so if you see him, it will likely be Saturday for a day event. Whilst speaking with JW on the horn the other day I reminded him that we have camped for longer with less, he reminded me that at the time, less was all we had, now we have more and he won't go unles he can tall all his stuff with him. Godspeed to my brothers and sisters at Haspin! Tell Stretch I have quite a trade deal brewing for him!

GamaGoatGirl

Doghead and I are on the way home - sorry we didn't get a chnce to say good-bye to everyone! It was nice seeing friends from last year's rally and meeting new ones! Thanks again to
Ferro and Cabel for cooking- it was greatly appreciated! Safe travels home everyone!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are my first set of pics starting with when stretch and doghead and doghead's wife got there on Wednesday.

steve

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next set

Attachments

tm america

i made it home a few hours ago .it was a great time out there that place is amazing and great company too.doghead dont delete this one i pics pics too:-D

Attachments

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great time had by all Gerbee's food service and everyone that bought parts and hats its great to see so many people get together and have so much fun to those that didnt make it we missed you and maybe by Gods will next time you can join in the fun had by all also to those close to haspin we should go again later this summer matbe some that could not come can try then and some of us just wanna go again . And Westy GODSPEED son.

DMaddox

I had a great time up there on Saturday!!! :grin: Cant wait for next year, or the next rally my truck should be ready for the next one.. I want to thank doc for totaly awsome hats the parts and great stories, and information.. Thank you junkyardwars for the bad_ _s shirts (hope it last till next year). Most of all THANK YOU CGARBEE!!!!! for keeping our bellys full that was a hell of a trip for you to help us keep fed. We've all work so long and hard on our figures it be a same to let it go to waste. And thanks everyone for the pics that are been posted.:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks