• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2023

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a sore back to begin with over there and bumped my back on Gimpy's UTV getting in and I was going to urinate a brick. Just got back from the doc. I have had a dislocated rib for the last 4 weeks. Doc says it probably hurts a lot. Really? I hadn't noticed. At least what I thought I said after he squeezed my chest to check.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a sore back to begin with over there and bumped my back on Gimpy's UTV getting in and I was going to urinate a brick. Just got back from the doc. I have had a dislocated rib for the last 4 weeks. Doc says it probably hurts a lot. Really? I hadn't noticed. At least what I thought I said after he squeezed my chest to check.
Probably a rib end came out we have some floating ribs and on occasion they seem to pop out of place atleast on me lol and it has your complete attention when it does u just let a chiropractor pop it back in and your good as new ! Maybe your wifes friend got u all twisted up !

ToddJK

I'm pretty sure I narrowed down my oil leak issue, I cleaned the engine off and did some high tech science with some cardboard. I'm pretty sure it's the head gasket. Doesn't leak much but only seeps while idling or throttled up not under a load, but when it's under a load, it sprays all over the front of the engine, hood, and seeps out the fenders. Looks like I have a head gasket job sooner than I anticipated.

Attachments

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure I narrowed down my oil leak issue, I cleaned the engine off and did some high tech science with some cardboard. I'm pretty sure it's the head gasket. Doesn't leak much but only seeps while idling or throttled up not under a load, but when it's under a load, it sprays all over the front of the engine, hood, and seeps out the fenders. Looks like I have a head gasket job sooner than I anticipated.
If you take the radiator cap off and see if you have the same blow by on the cardboard

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, but how would that affect the blowby?
Usually water /anitfreeze pushing thru a head gasket or pressurizing to the weakest point like back into crank case i just wonderd were you getting the same/worse/less spray pattern on the cardboard with cap off vs cap on under pressure to see if the hot water pressure was helping push whatever it is your getting on the board !

ToddJK

Usually water /anitfreeze pushing thru a head gasket or pressurizing to the weakest point like back into crank case i just wonderd were you getting the same/worse/less spray pattern on the cardboard with cap off vs cap on under pressure to see if the hot water pressure was helping push whatever it is your getting on the board !
I tried that and while it was just idling, the coolant went down some like normal but was slowly coming out when it was warm but there wasn't any bubbles either other than an occasional small air bubble but not like any of the tell tale signs of combustion gases. I have some significant blowby out the slobber tube (I imagine worn rings or some cracks in the pistons) and have for quite a long time, I suspect the blowby along with an old gasket is a recipe for some problems.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried that and while it was just idling, the coolant went down some like normal but was slowly coming out when it was warm but there wasn't any bubbles either other than an occasional small air bubble but not like any of the tell tale signs of combustion gases. I have some significant blowby out the slobber tube (I imagine worn rings or some cracks in the pistons) and have for quite a long time, I suspect the blowby along with an old gasket is a recipe for some problems.
Maybe the crankcase blow by is just worn piston rings so slap a gasket and rings in it and drive it another 20 yrs !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks