• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2023

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have some incandescent tail light assemblies and one LED. Still have the towbar and slave cable I mentioned earlier and I have two brand new rear mirrors for M44/M809 series trucks. Left/Right with spotters. Still bubble wrapped.

As I downsize I find more crap I don't need everywhere in the barn.

ToddJK

If anyone who's coming has a spare 395/85/R20 they liked to sell I'd be interested, with or without an MRAP rim. I'll bring my HD straps and chain hoist just in case.

ToddJK

When ever i can build me a cj7 i will have alot more reason to do the rallys that are at off road parks so i can dig thru vendor stuff and 4 wheel for a few days will be fun !
Just get a Willy's jeep and you'll climb everything. Last year one of the guys had his and even with NDT's on it, that thing was very impressive, he literally climbed everything and I think due to the lighter weight, did it easier than the Humvees did. He even beat us in a head to head race, a little 90 something horsepowered engine beat two Humvees, 🤣. Gimpy brought out a SxS to trail around in and then there are the guys who were driving their riding mowers with us too which was pretty rad. Haspin is definitely not a good place for the bigger vehicles, especially the deuces since everything is so torn up and the trails aren't really big enough unless you plan on tearing up the truck. That's one thing I'm really excited for about the new Georgia rally being relocated in TN at Windrock.

ToddJK

I did call Haspin about campfires, we can still have one even though there is a burn ban for that county, but the fire will have to be in a fire ring or something that keeps it contained. I know DNR is really stressing the burn ban in MI, especially since we just had a wild fire that claimed about 3k acres.

ToddJK

ToddJK

ToddJK

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haspin Rally
Todd, I waved to you and Logan as you were leaving. I was coming back in as at started to rain and was coming to see if Gimpy and Westy needed help. Turns out Gimpy was in front of you and Westy was the next one out.

I hope you had an uneventful trip home.

The most awesome climb I saw was the ride on the back trail the HMMWVs made up that vertical cut.

AND for the first time I got our Mule stuck. (The story starts like they usually do, "I was following GImpy". He made it and my daughter said are you going to try that. Yep. bottomed out and stuck like a lawn dart in the thick mud at the bottom. But Gimpy did the recovery from in front of me.

ToddJK

Todd, I waved to you and Logan as you were leaving. I was coming back in as at started to rain and was coming to see if Gimpy and Westy needed help. Turns out Gimpy was in front of you and Westy was the next one out.

I hope you had an uneventful trip home.

The most awesome climb I saw was the ride on the back trail the HMMWVs made up that vertical cut.

AND for the first time I got our Mule stuck. (The story starts like they usually do, "I was following GImpy". He made it and my daughter said are you going to try that. Yep. bottomed out and stuck like a lawn dart in the thick mud at the bottom. But Gimpy did the recovery from in front of me.
I saw you on the way out, I waved back, lol. The ride home went well, no issues other than some detours due to construction.
Yeah, following Gimpy may not always be ideal 🤣. Overall, the rally was great, fun times and the trail rides were definitely entertaining to say the least, lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks