• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin Rally 09 and Info.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Updated 6/14/09

Rally is over, thanks to Cabell for the food, and everyone that came for a good time!

Dates are Wednesday through Sunday, June 10-14.

Some new information...

Cabell is cooking, see link for menu. 30.00 for Wed night through Sun. morning. Less if staying less days.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/35989-haspin-food.html

Spoke to Pete, he is going to rope off the area for us for Wednesday.

Prices are 13 dollars a day. Most times we are not charged for Wednesday night. That is with discount, just mention steelsoldiers, or army truck gathering.

Need to know how many are attending.

Going to make a map with trails marked on it to pass out. Need to make it larger, 8x11 isn't going to work.
haspin.jpgHaspinDetail.jpgHaspinDetailTopo.jpg

Depending on the amount of people that show up and want to get out on the trails, we may be running 2-3 convoys on each trail ride time. I would expect Saturday to be busy.

Suggest that you bring a decent FRS/GMRS radio. Each convoy would have it's own frequency, and a camp frequency. I know most won't be able to hear in the bigger trucks, but a person in the lead and rear should be in quieter vehicles and able to communicate.

Will hand out schedules at rally. None of this is mandatory, just times so people can get out on the trail together. Any more than 10 people, and lunch or supper can last 3 hours when everyone eats at a different time.

Possible night ride on any date.

Wednesday, June 10
Set up day.

Thursday, June 11
9:00am Breakfast
10:00am Trail ride(for early birds)
1:00pm Lunch
2:00pm Trail ride
6:00pm Supper

Friday, June 12
2:00pm Mud bog

Saturday, June 13
2:00pm Drag races

Sunday
Pack and leave

About Haspin. Apporx 800 acres, ride anywhere but campground. No electricity. One set of restrooms/showers, about 1/4 mile from campground. They are not the best, tend to be muddy. Water source at entrance and next to drag strip. Two mud bog holes. Can camp in the woods, or campground, speed limit in campground. Link to haspin.

Haspin Acres | Off-Road & Motocross Park in Laurel, Indiana

Attending so far, 46 people, 23 trucks

Stretch(Dennis), Chris S.(not SS Chris), rainbowboxer(Dan), Preston, Jordan
M35a2, M108a2

Gimpyrobb(Chris R.), Shelly
M109, M35a2c

Junkyardwars(Jeff)
M342a2, M51

Ferroequinologist, wife, dog
M109, Jeep

Maddawg308(Mike)
M35a2

Cgarbee(Cabell)
M813, MKT trailer

54REO, wife, daughter
M35a2

Westech(rich), wife, dog
CUCV

Kipman, Oldgrunt, Cory, Thru.-Sun.
2-M35a2

Docfarmall
m35a2

Swbradley1
possible M35a2

N1265 Sat, Sun.
M880?

Oilcan(Adam)
M35a2

CCequipment, 4 others, Fri-Sun.
M35a2, jeep

Drmeece, Tammy, Fri-Sun.
M35a2

Matt1970m35a, Matt and Dad
M35a2, water tanker(with oil)

Stan, with 2 more, Thru.-Sun.
M35a2, M38

Tm-america, plus one, Thru.-Sun.
M35a2c, trailer

Deuce_biganslow, 2 kids, 6 adults, Thru.-Sun.
M109, M37

Doghead, and wife(Eric and Amy)
M1009

Monkeythumbs, 1-3 guests.
M35a2

Rmballou, one day.
M37

86M10086.2
M1008

Outcast, Sat.
Car(LOL)

Last edited:

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO BS POSTS. We already have a 340+ reply thread to sift through. Just who and what are attending, and suggestions.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on attending this year with or without one of my trucks. Hope to be there on Wed or Thur

ccequipment

I will be there with at least 1 M35A2, and a jeep. Planing on a ealry afternoon arival on friday, mabey about 4 peopl with me. Would be happy to help out with the food, Money? I also have just about anything for a M35A2 if you guys need it, just ask

Last edited:

oilcan

I'll be there all weekend with two or three trucks, and hopefully a trailer to camp in. Trying to get my dad to come out on sat and part of sun.

M818, M35A2, M715, M200A1.

Oldgrunt

Has anyone gotten hold of Haspin yet, to see if we can get some room reserved? Stretch thanks for taking the bull by the horns, add my other brother Cory to the list.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When we arrive on Wednesday, the park is empty. Be able to rope off a large area for ourselves.

drmeece

Tammy and I will be there Saturday for sure maybe friday night,,1 m35. There will probably be some friends from my jeep club that will come and check out the action on saturday..

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will have plenty for group discount. Just need to call a couple days ahead. Still waiting on more info for the food idea.

tm america

i will be there to. me and my girl in my m35a2c and an expandable trailer im putting together as a camper.i'll probably get down there thursday and leave sunday

I plan to make it - probably from Thursday to Sunday. I hope to bring an M109, my M37, and my two pint-sized bodyguards. I'm pushing for a couple friends to join us, too, but no confirmation on that yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks