• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haul one deuce from Drexel Gardens, IN to Kansas City, MO?

chicklin

I got my DLA letter yesterday so I am expecting an invoice in the next day or so and then I will have 14 days to pick it up. I am planning on driving my truck back myself, but my wife is pregnant and due in less than a month. If I can't get it picked up in the next week or so, I'm going to need to have it hauled.

Anybody want to shoot me a price for hauling/towing/driving the deuce from Drexel Gardens, IN (46241) to Kansas City, MO (64079)? Thanks!

p.s. - The listing said the truck runs and appears to be in pretty good shape. Has winch, soft top and cargo cover.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Understand that the listings are sometimes inaccurate, whether by accident or on purpose...I have no idea, although I'd like to have faith in humanity. I got an M817 out of ND that was listed as RUNNING. Well, it is running, but it has NO BRAKES! Be careful. Even when something says it runs, it is often more prudent to ship it. Have I driven a truck out? Yes, but I cross my fingers each time and try to avoid where possible. If you break down, you will wish you had it shipped.

reb87

I have a 15000 lb pintal hitch dump trailer that I need brought home from delta (Northern)ohio to nebraska if you end up driving the deuce home I would pay for your fuel if you could bring my trailer here.

chicklin

reb87 said:
I have a 15000 lb pintal hitch dump trailer that I need brought home from delta (Northern)ohio to nebraska if you end up driving the deuce home I would pay for your fuel if you could bring my trailer here.
Unfortunately, I'm on kind of a tight schedule with the pregnant wife and all. Also, this is my first truck of this size, so I don't know that I'd feel comfortable pulling a trailer that heavy right off the bat. I wish I could help you out, but I'm probably not the best guy for you in this case.

reb87

I would consider going out there and getting your truck and using it to pull my trailer home. I need to think about it but maybe if you were to share the fuel bill it could work for both of us. I have a cdl and recently pulled my 109a3 deuce with my m35a2 home from oklahoma. I had the m35 loaded with a 2500 lb bandsaw and the 109 with a bunch of other stuff, Im sure it was a lot more than 15000 lbs that I was pulling.

I could bring it here to nebraska(60 miles west of lincoln) and you could get it here or I could load my car in it here and drive it to you in KC. Im just thinking outloud here, what do you think?
Ross Berck
Nebraska

chicklin

reb87 said:
I would consider going out there and getting your truck and using it to pull my trailer home. I need to think about it but maybe if you were to share the fuel bill it could work for both of us. I have a cdl and recently pulled my 109a3 deuce with my m35a2 home from oklahoma. I had the m35 loaded with a 2500 lb bandsaw and the 109 with a bunch of other stuff, Im sure it was a lot more than 15000 lbs that I was pulling.

I could bring it here to nebraska(60 miles west of lincoln) and you could get it here or I could load my car in it here and drive it to you in KC. Im just thinking outloud here, what do you think?
Ross Berck
Nebraska
Say, that's not a bad idea. If you came back via I-72/Hwy 36 across North Missouri, I could meet you in Chillicothe or St. Joe and that would save you (or me) an extra trip. We could split the fuel 50/50.

The only thing is I don't 100% know the condition of the truck. They say it runs, and it looks pretty clean, but you know how that goes. Would you be okay to do some minor troubleshooting, repairs, pre-trip maintenance, that kind of thing? Obviously, I would reimburse you for any costs incurred.

pc3nmcb

I also got my 'DLA' paper, so as soon as I get my 'EUC' I will make a appt. I don't know that much about dueces but if I make there before you I could look it over if you give me some pointers. I will trailering a m1009. If that is something that sounds good to you and will work out, let me know.

chicklin

chicklin said:
reb87 said:

Ross Berck
Nebraska
Say, that's not a bad idea. If you came back via I-72/Hwy 36 across North Missouri, I could meet you in Chillicothe or St. Joe and that would save you (or me) an extra trip. We could split the fuel 50/50.

The only thing is I don't 100% know the condition of the truck. They say it runs, and it looks pretty clean, but you know how that goes. Would you be okay to do some minor troubleshooting, repairs, pre-trip maintenance, that kind of thing? Obviously, I would reimburse you for any costs incurred.
Okay, I'm stupid, I forgot you need the truck to get the trailer all the way home. Let me think this one over. I'm getting shipping quotes in the mean time and I might have found a decent quote.

reb87

I need to look at the maps more to see if it is even doable. I scheduled a trucker to pick it up a few weeks ago but Im afraid he wont get it here before harvest starts. It looks like my trailer is a couple hundred miles north of the truck and Im about that far from you so there would be a lot of extra driving involved.
If you find a good deal go ahead and take it. If you cant, I can look at doing it more closely.
Ross

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks