• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haul PAYS $1000! Need BOB Deuce del Socal to Amarillo area

100dollarman

If I close the deal with a guy for the Bobbed Deuce, we'll need it transported to 73801 Woodward, OK or close by. It is approx 1168miles. Can be as close as Amarillo which would be less miles.

The truck is 20' long x 96" wide x 115" to the top of the stack (I can cut the stack if need be----that would make it 102" tall)

Weighs 9000-10,000lbs.

The truck is in Lucerne Valley, Ca. 92356

I have a loading dock so we can drive the truck on, but you'll have to have a winch/tilt/ramps or acces to a dock to unload.

Please call HUNDY at 760 248 6214 or my cell 760 964 5123

THANKS!!!

100dollarman

86 Cents a mile roughly... Sounds a bit low... shouldn't it be more 2.00 dollars a mile?

I hire 53' trailers for a $1.50 all the time. I have a guy who wants the Deuce, but we have to find some cheap shipping to make it work. $1000 is the budget for this job. Sometimes trucks have 20' extra space that they would like to get paid a $1000 for, and they are going that way anyways. This is what I am looking for.

It actually could be a good job for the right guy/truck.

Thanks!

HeadWizard

I hire 53' trailers for a $1.50 all the time. I have a guy who wants the Deuce, but we have to find some cheap shipping to make it work. $1000 is the budget for this job. Sometimes trucks have 20' extra space that they would like to get paid a $1000 for, and they are going that way anyways. This is what I am looking for.

It actually could be a good job for the right guy/truck.

Thanks!
Post it on uship.com

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go the Uship route, load your M1008 with my tires in the bed on the back of the trailer, and I'll pick it up in Amarillo. I'll pitch in $500 if it helps.
Just an idea.
Jimbo

100dollarman

If you go the Uship route, load your M1008 with my tires in the bed on the back of the trailer, and I'll pick it up in Amarillo. I'll pitch in $500 if it helps.
Just an idea.
Jimbo

JIMBO!!! Howsitgoin!? Funny you should chime in--- was thinking about you this morning. Your tires are safe and sound!

Do you mean throw the tires in the back of the Bobbed Deuce? Or do you have something going with a M1008???
If you are kickin in $500- that will definitely help- and we'll get your tires on that load too!
Lets see if we can get something going. Give me a email or call 760 248 6214

Thanks!
HUNDY

ATC

I load trucks at Coca-Cola, and a few weeks ago, a driver loaded a small sedan into the back of his empty trailer (he was dropping off Dasani Water for us). He said he bought it at an auction here in town, and needed to get it back to NC where he lives. That was definately a first for us :lol:

maplehillfrm

I load trucks at Coca-Cola, and a few weeks ago, a driver loaded a small sedan into the back of his empty trailer (he was dropping off Dasani Water for us). He said he bought it at an auction here in town, and needed to get it back to NC where he lives. That was definately a first for us :lol:

I brought back a porsche from calif to ny like that in teh back of a van trailer once as a partial for a back lhaul,, that was fun getting out of the car tight fit,, must have looked like a monkey screwwing a football, to see my 6'8 frame getting out of that little car,,

did you watch him getting out of the vehicle, could have been fun, pat

also another word you are looking for in trucking terms for that kind of load is LTL, less than load,, or partial load,

I never really believed the term "backhaul" as it cost the same to get home as it did to get there,, but the brokers love it,,

GottaHaveOne

and also a ptl [part of a load in the industry is ]
I believe you mean "LTL" Less than Truckload, there are many open carriers(flatbed, step/drop deck, auto carriers) that load several different items going generally in the same direction, that pay generally less than a truckload rate. 86 cents per mile for a little less than a half of a trailer(generally most step/drop decks are 48', although there are 53' avaailable) tends to be on the low side, but with the competition in the truck industry today I am sure someone will jump on it.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to take LTL's out of the steel mills a lot back in the 70's. Some brokers would sit days waiting for a decent load but I always kept busy. Stayed within 400 miles of home most of the time. It wasn't unusual for me to have stuff for Ford, GM, and Link Belt on the same load.

100dollarman

Oh- I forgot to post up that I did find a truck for this job. Ended up being a "Hotshot" style truck. He has a 32' trailer and was hauling some transmissions back and had room for the deuce.

Thanks everybody!