• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hauling 915s

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weight? Depending on trailer height you do have to remove the stacks.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Can you get three 915s on a trailer if you stack the back end of two of them?
They weigh about 19K each.....that's almost 60K......you might get them on a 53 foot stepdeck by putting the front tires of one on the rear tires of another (daisy chain) but you will have a weight issue. Even if you are not over gross (80K in most states) you may be over axle weight (34K in most states). A law abiding trucker would not haul them due to fines and excess wear and tear on equipment.

plowboy

Thanks. The length is what I was concerned about. Actually only need 3 on one truck, axles are plentiful and gross weights are higher in the states involved. The 915 we have only weighs about 18450 if it's low on fuel and not covered in mud I think I can get enough misc off of the ones that have to be trippled and onto the other truck to make the gross a non issue....stacks, spare tires, and anything else that comes off can go on the other truck.

cottonfarmer

Might you be hauling them from Hooks Tx? I bid on the three that had the recent rebuilds, looked at them the other day while picking up a 931. They were very clean, but went a little steep for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks