• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hauling gravel

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hauled a load of rock yesterday with my uncles deuce I put a dump bed on. The truck weighs almost 16,000lb empty and there is 7 ton of rock on there. It was awfully slow on hills. He gave me the rock so I think I'm going to repay him with a pyro and a few turns on the smoke screw.

Attachments

lindyp38

i had 15 tons delivered during the summer...im slowly expanding my driveway and parking area......i can foresee needing another 30 tons......its spreads quick and seems to disappear....lol....

good luck with ur project......where did ur 7tons wind up....?

rickf

That looks like more than a 5 yd body, closer to a 7 yd.. And 5 yard of rock, at 3000# a yard, is a little over 7 ton.

Rick

3dAngus

In Georgia, if you tell the insurance company you're hauling rock or gravel, the insurance goes up about 10X's. Seriously!

Be careful. If you haul gravel and don't have it covered, you might not be insured.

(Just a little tidbit that might help someone.) Check it out first.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 tons are cool but if the bed was shortned 2 feet the look would be in proportioned ,i agree with patioit of many , i also would like to see pictures of the install 8)
The bed is actually the same length as the standard cargo. 12'

a little overweight?????? really intelligent.
I knew I would get one or two of these. Didn't know this was a IQ test. oh well.

In Georgia, if you tell the insurance company you're hauling rock or gravel, the insurance goes up about 10X's. Seriously!

Be careful. If you haul gravel and don't have it covered, you might not be insured.

(Just a little tidbit that might help someone.) Check it out first.
I'm covered with anything I put in the bed through Farm Bureau.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had 15 tons delivered during the summer...im slowly expanding my driveway and parking area......i can foresee needing another 30 tons......its spreads quick and seems to disappear....lol....

good luck with ur project......where did ur 7tons wind up....?
My driveway is a little over 1/4 mile. I always need rock.

That looks like more than a 5 yd body, closer to a 7 yd.. And 5 yard of rock, at 3000# a yard, is a little over 7 ton.

Rick
The bed sides actually went all the way to the top of the headboard before I installed it. I knew that was going to be way too much so I cut the sides down to what you see. I wasn't going to get that much but the loader man dumped it on there before I could stop him. A full load of dirt is about all it actually needs on there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks