• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hauling stories

4bogginchevys

Today I made a few dump runs for the company I work for, all very wet wood, lucky I got to use a dump trailer. The scales topped out at 16,200 all things considered, and it had more to give. All loads were over 15,500. Truck handled it very well, I was impressed at how well it stopped, and after little grunt off the stop lights keeping up with traffic was no problem. Just wanted to share another triumph for the old truck, and hear what you guys have hauled.....:D

brianrbull

Well a few years back..... I bought a SPAM shelter in Colorado Springs..... Rented a deck over trailer weight around 8k.... Decided to use my buddys "Heavy Half" Chevy pick up to do the recovery. The trip out was ok the truck preformed ok. Stopped along the way to pick up 8 H82 Heaters I had bought off Epay....... Got got to Colorado Springs ......Loaded the shelter I am just guessing but I think she weighs in at 6-7k empty. Te truck trailer when loaded "Felt" funny stopped by the main gate.....Looked at the hitch (Class 3) low and behold all but 2 bolts were missing/broken.....Found a shop to repair the deal......$75 later we are rolling......Truck is acting funny but hey my buddy had been bragging abpout his "Heavy Half" continues to get worse the entire trip, it would hunt between gears and there was a funny sound comming from the rear end. We hit the "Worlds Largest Truck Stop" in Iowa on I-80 near the Illinois Border. ...... I call for back up from Home.....(Grand Rapids MI) My M1008 comes to the rescue. We hook to the load that killed the 2004 chevy . Head out. That 6.2 didnt complain with the 14-16000 load. hauled her home no problem . Returned the deck over and got a car dolly went back to get the dead truck, got her home found the rear end had exploded, and there was sever tranny damage. This trip is when I realized that the CUCV series of truck is no joke. I own several and want more. Anyone who needs a "Real" truck for work, or farm purposes these are it. Not fast, not "Loadad" with toys, Just a plain HEAVY DUTY truck. I know there are complaints about the engine being underpowered....But that aside these are the toughest light duty trucks I have had the priveledge to own/operate.....

davo727

15,500 was the trailer and load, or just load, or truck trailer and load??

Today I made a few dump runs for the company I work for, all very wet wood, lucky I got to use a dump trailer. The scales topped out at 16,200 all things considered, and it had more to give. All loads were over 15,500. Truck handled it very well, I was impressed at how well it stopped, and after little grunt off the stop lights keeping up with traffic was no problem. Just wanted to share another triumph for the old truck, and hear what you guys have hauled.....:D

bowtiecrazy

I don't know if its is alot but I hauled 1.96 ton of oversized in the bed one load. and I pulled a 5th wheel that weighted 3800lbs with a 1/2 ton 4x4 F150 on it in a seperate load. I was pretty impressed myself(I do
live in WNC) not one problem I bought the truck for a daily driver but, I do heat with wood so I did keep that in mind when looking. I'm not bragging or or sayin i would buy the truck for heavy everyday hauling but I would'nt
be scared to look to anything so far. I did put a rebuilt tranny before pulling these loads. These trucks ain't fast
ain't pretty boy trucks just tuff as nails I love my m1008 ill admitt i've put some money in her but she is reliable.

tourus

cucv hauling

well the last two week ends for my brotherinlaw i have benn hauling rock to put in road down to his new house have been putting 4 yards of rock 4-8 inch rock two buckets full from a 120 volvo loader truck handles great but i think i finnly found the limit on what a pickup truck should haul had too mtravle about 30 miles have made 4 loads so far .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks