• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hauling towbars from CA to Georgia rally

tcody

Are you traveling I80? Would be happy to have a set and offer a hot meal on top of it - I am about 10 miles off I80.

jesusgatos

Been talking to CARNAC about this and he's going to be pulling a small trailer behind an M1009, so we're thinking he might only be able to take 15-20 towbars. Prices for the towbars will be the same (listed here). Not sure what kind of delivery fees he'll be charging, but it's sure to beat the $125 flat-rate that we're charging. Would suggest that if you want to be sure you get one via the CARNAC express, you post-up and commit to buy. We'll obviously need to compile some kind of a list.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Alright folks, I think we have a deal. The good news is that we have some more time to organize this (versus me going to CA next weekend, I'll probably be going out in mid September). We still need to work out some of the payment methods and process. Will need to definitely know who wants a towbar by September 15th.

I will most likely carry 20 towbars (might only be 15).

There will be some more details and info coming out. If you want one brought to Atlanta/GA rally, let me know. DO NOT automatically assume you will pay JesusGatos directly. To keep everything clear and simple, I'm probably fronting the money and will take cash on delivery (I don't like paypal). This is something we still have to work out.

Assume I will go along I-5 / I-10 / I-20 to ATL and return on I-10. Will reverse this plan depending on the number needed along either route.

I will most likely not have any weight or cube space to carry anything else.

Carrying fee is $50 regardless of where along the route I'm dropping them (1 foot or 2000 miles)

I'll be running a very fine line on the cost of this trip so I need folks to be ready to pay in full on arrival (I may have to leave the GA Rally early).

I'll also be on a very tight timeline so will need folks flexible on meeting me along the route to get their stuff (towbars or seats). This could mean a very late night or super early morning meeting.

Last edited:

36racin

Carnac and Jesse, Please keep me posted on the amount that needs to come east. If I can work out the logistics of getting the vehicle shipped back South Louisiana from California via a commercial shipper we may be able to throw some of them in with the shipment and atleast get them to Louisiana. I will be contacting Eric (Heavy) to inquire about a shipping price. Another member already contacted me about adding something to the load so maybe we can work something out. Todd

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carnac,
Please bring me one towbar to the Ga Rally. I will be at the rally all week.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
As of right now, this is who I have on the list to bring towbars (all will be required to be bought with pins and feet [1 inch feet are the default set if someone needs 3/4 inch feet, we need to know])

dangerfieldinc
Al Harvey
EMD567
Warthog
wheelspinner
PATracy
Davidhale
Gringeltaube

Now back to 8.....keeps this up....

Last edited:

Gunzy

If your going through Utah on I-80 I would like to meet you and pick up one with feet for a 5 ton M923. PM me and let me know if you are. Thanks

dangerfieldinc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds good can you please post total due to you(towbar+feet+pins + delivery fee). I would like set of 1" feet & pins and 3/4" feet & pins &let me know if you would like check mailed or cash at rally

Last edited:

Al Harvey

I also would like a set of 1" feet and pins and a set of 3/4" feet and pins. Thank you CARNAC for hauling them to the rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks