• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have a running M925A1 in Richmond,VA needs to go to Miami, FL

scootertrs

Thanks for the advise. 1100 x 20's my 818 had were no piece of cake either... somehow it was always the inner to go. 2 times, 2 flats on the inner (one on the right, one on the left). As far as new is concerned, I think its about as new as I will ever get. If its like underwear, when I was groing up, I was lucky if I got it washed before I got it from the GW... -:) And if we start talking about girlfriends, well, we know the rest of the story.... As Emo Phillips used to say... Well... new to me!!! Have a great weekend and be safe

It is not the true millage because The truck is a rebuild. It is in nice shape and you should not have any issues . Drain the air tanks In sequence as instructed and use a good 15 w 40 oil. Do not run the tires with low air on the road way. The side walls will heat on the super singles and it will shred. It is a lot of fun to change a super single alone it can be done but it is nothing I look forward too. Hank

scootertrs

An acquaintance was telling me, today in fact, that I should avoid using low range alltogether... something about the torque it could handle in low being like 1/4 of what it is in high and the case would split. If that is the case, why not condemn the range shifter and avoid the issue altogether? I suppose the auto tranny can handle the grunt if I need to go slow. If my ignorance is showing by my comment, please look away ... I am not embarrassed to ask what later may be stupid questions. I had to replace my transfer case in my deuce fire truck and can attest that it was not fun... not one bit. I can only guess that this is 10x worse. Thanks for the help.

Do not forget. Important. Do not use low range in reverse you will frag the drive train back in high range. Pull out in low range 10 wt in the tranny see it thru the little door in the cab floor

hankstrucks

I have had a lot of time with both trucks the 8 series is better to power out of sticky spots. Now the 9 series is a nice ride with auto and power steering ect ect . Do not worrie about using low range in forward. At all just can not use in reverse . Just plan your route do not forget about air pressure that is very important I was lazy not once but twice and I saw it low and shredded the tires. So now I will never be lazy again . The tires are getting to be more money and harder to get cheap. It is important to ask questions here because we want to share in our knowledge to enjoy our hobby more