• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

have to bleed

warriorbob

okay to start my computer is older than most peoples cars and it wont bring up the manuels or the tms. I have an m1009 and after it sits over night i have to bleed air out at the fuel filter can someone point me in the right direction as to what this may be?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
okay to start my computer is older than most peoples cars and it wont bring up the manuels or the tms. I have an m1009 and after it sits over night i have to bleed air out at the fuel filter can someone point me in the right direction as to what this may be?

It is most likely the fuel pressure switch on the back of the filter housing. It is only needed for the STE/ICE diagnostic equipment.

There have been some posts about removing the switch and insterting a freeze plug.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/42986-fuel-filter-base-fix.html

All you need for the manuals is Abobe Reader. An older version works fine. v6 or v7. You can find them on the web or I can send you a disk.

Last edited:

sierrajcharlie

I had the same issue and found that the bottom of the filter was damp from fuel. Not much, just enough to mess things up. I changed over to a spin on filter and that solved the problem. If you can't get Adobe to work on your computer you could try Foxit reader. Sometimes that will work when Adobe won't. Good luck!

emr

I would say buy the manuals or get a new computer since u are asking. .. really makes the most sense, or U will be asking weekly or monthly about needs in threads and things that have been on this site for like a gazillion times, just sayin... :) good luck