• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have we discussed the M35A3 in the movie "Super 8"

Trango

Wife and I just watched "Super 8". Overall, they nailed the period-specific vehicles for a movie set in 1979, but I did catch a deuce in A3 trim in there.

I might be the only one who both a) saw that movie and b) knows military vehicles, but I figured I'd ask the group. :)

Best,
Bob

CobraCDR

You are correct! Lots of A2 deuce shots in the movie, but in the one scene you are refering to when a number of trucks were rolling by in the background, it was definitely an A3. I backed it up and watched a second time to be certain. Noone else watching it with me cared that I had to point out that it didn't fit properly for the time period. Lots of well maintained MV in the film. I'm glad someone else caught that as well. :beer:

jrodjared

I counted three in the movie. Yeah, nerd. A couple of the military Blue Bird busses seemed a little out of place for the era as well. But aside from that I thought it was a good flick! Lots of Steel Soldiers, for sure.

Gunfreak25

I ruined the movie for everyone when I pointed out the A3 being a 90's vehicle. :lol: Same way with guns and movies. We all probably do the same thing during family movie time.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ruined the movie for everyone when I pointed out the A3 being a 90's vehicle. :lol: Same way with guns and movies. We all probably do the same thing during family movie time.
Yeh my wife has started just saying "shut up and watch the movie." I did back Super 8 up a couple of times including when the A3 was rolling by.

SpecialK

I noticed the A3 as well, almost got slapped for it. I'm not an MV expert (I wish I was), but I also saw an Oshkosh HET which I believe was late 80's or early 90's.